Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Communication Specialist, GS-1001-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating complex public health communication and marketing programs and campaigns related to immunizations and respiratory diseases.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below the best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Provide public health communication and marketing support for integrated communication and marketing programs and interventions to other federal agencies, State and local health departments and/or other immunization related partners.
3. Guides internal and external audiences (e.g., CDC staff, state immunization partners, immunization coalition and other partners) in strategic planning of immunization communication and marketing programs, campaigns, and activities.
4. Promote, conduct and support audience research and evaluation of communication and marketing programs, including formative, process and outcome evaluation and qualitative and quantitative methods.
5. Ensure the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are integrated into the public health communication or marketing program or project's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products, and services of a science-based program for immunization and respiratory disease.
6. Plan, consult and provide technical assistance on program and project implementation to internal and external stakeholders as it relates to public health communication and marketing activities, projects and strategies, and educational materials and information for a science-based program for the prevention of disease disability, and death through immunization and by control of respiratory diseases.
7. Plan, develop and implement immunization communication and marketing programs, projects, and strategies for scientific, programmatic, and medical audiences and the general public.
8. Manage immunization communication and marketing programs and projects.
9. Plan, implement and evaluate culturally and linguistically appropriate immunization communication projects for minority populations.
10. Prepare presentation materials (e.g., talking points, PowerPoint slides) for meetings, site visits, conferences and briefings for use by senior or executive level personnel.
11. Serve as liaison between program and immunization partners on immunization communication issues.
12. Communicate center and agency communication goals and strategies at national scientific meetings and government planning meetings.
13. Write a variety of documents, including descriptions of public health communication and marketing programs and projects, communication and marketing plans, reports of audience research results for the organization.
14. Develop training material for subject matter experts and communication staff on communicating in plain language for diverse audiences.
15. Develop web and social media content and products using best practices for those platforms to meet a variety of public and professional audiences.
16. Develop immunization communication product using a variety of traditional and innovated media and approaches.
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.