Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for IT Project Manager, GS-2210-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in: (1) the management of IT projects which encompass the planning, development, integration, and implementation of major enterprise-wide business software systems; (2) formal project management methods, processes, and tools, such as, Microsoft Project or Microsoft Project Server; AND I have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Plan, develop, organize, coordinate, and manage information technology software development projects using recognized techniques, processes and tools.
3. Coordinate with customers to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
4. Develop project plans that span the full systems life cycle, the full project life cycle, and receive upper management approval.
5. Provide leadership to a project team comprised of a project manager, one or more data or business analysts, and one or more database managers.
6. Monitor project progress to identify and resolve issues and mitigate risk.
7. Implement quality assurance processes.
8. Make adjustments to the project plan as needed and take corrective action when problems arise.
9. Participate in phase milestone, and final project reviews.
10. Manage data integration projects that include data warehousing, data quality management, metadata management, application to application integration, and enterprise architecture.
11. Assure project documentation is timely and complete according to an established systems development life cycle plan.
12. Manage systems development projects that follow capital planning processes and meet Certification and Accreditation requirements resulting in a valid Authority to Operate.
13. Develop and manage project plans utilizing approved project management software tools, such as Microsoft Project or Project Server.
14. Manage software development projects that span the entire software development life cycle.
15. Utilize technical knowledge to facilitate discussions with customers about project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
16. Ensure integration of all systems components.
17. Manage software development projects using Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques.
18. Develop business case analyses for assigned IT projects in recognition of supported populations, cost of services, cost of ownership, and return on investment.
19. Perform risk assessments.
20. Perform and review analyses on the cost benefit and cost effectiveness of proposed enhancements and upgrades to IT-based systems.
21. Develop budget proposals.
22. Promote coordination and effectiveness by facilitating discussions and exchange of opinions among staff with diverse viewpoints and conflicting interests.
23. Develop and present reports, analyses, guidelines, procedures, and presentations for senior management and all-hands meetings.
24. Provide advice and consultation on strategic use of information technology to improve management effectiveness related to CIO/CDC activities to technical and supervisory staff.
25. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.