Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basis Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-14.A. I have successfully completed a full four year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529.14.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience performing mathematical statistics and survey research; and collecting, analyzing, and interpreting highly complex scientific data for public health program operations.
For each task under the following factors, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide technical assistance regarding statistical design, methodology and data analysis to other researchers within and outside of an organization.
4. Provide oversight in the development and execution of contractual agreements for cost studies and data support needs.
5. Provide administrative guidance and direction for an organization.
6. Use theories and principles of applied statistical and biostatistical methods in order to design research methods and studies.
7. Provide advice and leadership to peers and subordinate staff in the areas of regression modeling, Time series analysis, and analysis of qualitative data.
8. Provide direction and leadership for projects and activities involving statistical and data processing programs, behavioral determinants research, surveys and similar studies.
9. Integrate complex and varied components into statistically valid mechanisms for use and application by decision and policy makers.
10. Conduct statistical analyses of public health survey data using statistical computing packages.
11. Advise scientists on research plans, protocols, methodologies, and data analysis interpretation of results in the area of mathematical modeling and statistics.
12. Develop and/or direct the development of statistical references criteria necessary for the analysis of behavioral and determinants indices.
13. Provide statistical advice to stakeholders on the design, execution, and evaluation of result of studies, community trials, operations research, demonstrations, and program evaluation.
14. Provide advice on the development, direction and coordination of program planning evaluations.
15. Provide advice on legislative, policy issues and regulatory activities.
16. Advise on budgeting initiatives as they relate to the organization.
17. Provide leadership direction for an organization in the development and maintenance of initiatives to advance the mission of the organization.
18. Coach the team in selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques.
19. Lead the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload in accordance with work flow and skill level.
20. Periodically report team and individual work accomplishments, problems and progress to management.
21. Develop or facilitate the organization's comprehensive written programmatic responses related to emerging mathematical data relevant to public health issues.
22. Develop written materials/manuscripts/abstracts related to the statistical design or analyses of a research study for submission to a Journal.
23. Develop clear, convincing presentations and recommendations using program/project specific data.
24. Communicate complex concepts/findings on statistical design and methodology activities in a clear, concise and logical manner at interagency science forums, national and international meetings and conferences, information hearings, and briefings of high-level agency officials.
25. Establish and maintain personal contact with public and private sector health and academic professionals representing diverse groups.
26. Present team decisions, conclusions, findings or recommendations in meetings and dealings with other team leaders, and program and/or public officials on issues that have an impact on team or program objectives.
27. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.