The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current Federal employee in the competitive service on a career or career-conditional appointment; or a current Federal employee serving under a VRA appointment.
If you answered "A", "B", "D", or "G", you must provide your Bureau and dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you answered "C" or "E" you must provide dates of military service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you chose any other response, indicate "not applicable".
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best described your education and/or experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as an Asset Forfeiture Specialist, GS-1801-12 (or higher grade level), with the federal government.
If you answered A or B you must provide the title and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-12 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-12 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed, otherwise enter "Not Applicable".
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-13 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your responses to the following questions will be used to determine whether or not ou can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you will lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of positions held, respond with a "No".
4. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-13 or higher?A. Yes
If you chose response "A" in the previous question, provide the position's title, pay plan, series and grade level (or pay band). Also, include the promotion potential and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.
Example: Management Analyst, GS-0343-13 with promotion potential to GS-14 held from 10/12/2004 to 0/05/2005.
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
5. Have you managed and directed background research of targets, located assets, and produced analytical summaries or reports, tracked investigative findings and presented them when needed?A. Yes.
6. Do you have experience overseeing contractors?A. Yes
7. Are you proficient in law enforcement intelligence gathering techniques associated with asset forfeiture?A. Yes.
8. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate in writing.A. I have independently composed written reports and correspondence where the work is original but developed through scientific literature, industry sources, technical organizations, etc.
9. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate orally.A. I have provided information to management on problems of recurring nature that required some explanation or interpretation of facts.
10. Have you monitored, reviewed and analyzed reports associated with seized/forfeited asset related accounts?A. Yes.
11. Have you developed and shared information with other investigative agencies including international, Federal, United States Attorney offices, and state and local law enforcement agencies?A. Yes.
12. Do you have experience with analysis, data gathering tools and techniques, and information technology in support of asset forfeiture activities?A. Yes
13. Have you worked with law enforcement officers to coordinate search and seizure enforcement activities?A. Yes
14. Have you reviewed Equitable Sharing Program submissions to ensure compliance with agency regulations and procedures?A. Yes