Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer (PH), GS-602-14:A. I have successfully completed the requirements for Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your residency that meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-14. Note: A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.A. I have four years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in one of the following specialties: infectious diseases, epidemiology, TB/HIV and or equivalent experience and training.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Analyze epidemiologic investigation data utilizing new methodologies or existing techniques that have been extensively revised.
4. Liaise with staff to maximize opportunities and overcome challenges in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs for people with TB and TB/HIV with particular emphasis on pediatric populations.
5. Analyze and monitor data quality and impact.
6. Communicate technical and non-technical information to persons with diverse backgrounds and knowledge.
7. Provide scientific consultative services to programs or projects that have unusually demanding scientific problems or issues with a focus on issues related to pediatric TB and TB/HIV.
8. Provide scientific advice and technical assistance to various public, private and/or nonprofit health related agencies and organizations.
9. Provide scientific advice and technical assistance to various public, private and/or nonprofit health related agencies and organizations with regard to pediatric TB and TB/HIV.
10. Evaluate and monitor the health care quality of TB and TB/HIV services and in identifying areas that need improvement.
11. Recommend the addition, expansion, or modification of pediatric TB and TB/HIV services to fill gaps in current services.
12. Work to implement new or revised TB and TB/HIV services for potential improvement.
13. Collaborate with groups and individuals to coordinate meetings/consultations/work groups of varying complexity and scope to address TB and TB/HIV among pediatric populations.
14. Provide guidance and technical assistance on the policy and science of TB and TB/HIV to colleagues and partner organizations.
15. Lead scientists and program consultants in various aspects of the study or survey design process.
16. Monitor changing health care systems, and demonstrate understanding of the health care systems.
17. Provide scientific advice regarding surveillance evaluation projects, or studies.
18. Assist in achieving goals of the agency utilizing information provided from the entire scientific and medical community as well as from other components of the agency.
19. Serves as a key advisor on the medical and epidemiological aspects of complex scientific studies and evaluation research regarding TB and TB/HIV among pediatric populations.
FACTORS: Skill in oral communication.
20. Verbally communicate with various domestic and international organizations and individuals to collaborate in and coordinate relevant information exchange with members of division leadership.
21. Provide technical consultation, advice and assistance regarding TB and TB/HIV among children.
FACTORS: Skill in written communication.
22. Prepare presentations, publications and, dissemination of scientific findings.
23. Develop guidelines, instructions and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
24. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.