Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Additional Minimum Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-601-12.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement to include experience providing review and analysis of scientific projects, work in collaboration with scientists, staff in the review and clearance of scientific documents; identify and analyze public health and human subjects issues in the design and conduct of scientific projects.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Serve in scientific capacity to provide review and analysis of scientific projects for regulatory and human subjects concerns.
4. Develop supporting documents that may include protocols, institutional review or human subjects review, and review by legal advisors.
5. Work in collaboration with scientists and NCEH/ATSDR senior leadership in management, review, and clearance of scientific documents.
6. Identify and analyze public health and human subjects issues in design and conduct of scientific projects.
7. Serve as National Center coordinator for Shepard awards.
8. Work with programs to coordinate NCEH/ATSDR EIS recruitment efforts within the National Center.
9. Prepare technical documents for publication, presentation, and/or briefing on results of activities.
10. Write and edit reports.
11. Prepare summaries of study results and manuscripts.
12. Deliver oral presentations at scientific meetings.
13. Provide consultation in planning and implementing database for collecting and tracking public health data.
14. Provide findings of surveys/inspections to upper level management.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.