SUPERVISORY INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH SPECIALIST (SECTION CHIEF)
Vacancy ID: 836323 Announcement Number: DAL-INT-836323-MP-BAJ USAJOBS Control Number: 338441600Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
SUPERVISORY INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH SPECIALIST (SECTION CHIEF)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
001 Supvy Intelligence Research Specialist
110010001 Washington DC, DC
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current Federal employee with competitive status on a career or career-conditional appointment, or a current federal employee serving under a VRA appointment.
B. I am a reinstatement eligible.
C. I am a current or former Federal employee eligible for a status appointment under an Interchange Agreement.
D. I am eligible for a VEOA appointment (i.e., a veteran who is a preference eligible or who has been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service).
E. I am a military spouse eligible under authority E.O. 13473.
F. I am a person with a disability.
G. I am a displaced Federal employee requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
H. None of the above.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as a Supervisory Intelligence Research Specialist or Intelligence Research Specialist, GS-0132-13 (or higher grade level), with the federal government.
B. I have at least one year of GS-13 or equivalent specialized experience directing an intelligence program for a major metropolitan area; planning and conducting intelligence operations requiring broad & in-depth analysis, correlation, & evaluation; evaluating overall effectiveness & adequacy of the agency's intelligence operation; serving as a policy expert within the intelligence community; & representing the agency at interagency conferences.
C. I do not possess the experience as described above.
If you chose response B in the previous question, please indicate where in your resume this experience is indicated. Also, provide the name and telephone number of a supervisor who can verify your claim.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level.
B. No. I have not completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level.
C. Not Applicable. TIG does not apply to me because I currently occupy (or have previously occupied) a position at or above the GS-14 grade level.
D. Not applicable. TIG doesn't apply to me because I am a VEOA applicant, a military spouse, or a person with a disability.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Indicate the extent of your experience in planning and preparing schedules.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had limited experience in planning or preparing schedules either for a small team or for brief periods of time.
C. I have planned and scheduled the day-to-day work of my immediate work unit on a continuous basis.
D. I have performed mid- to long-range (that is, quarterly or annual) planning and scheduling of work for my immediate work unit when there were complicating factors (for example, conflicting priorities, work involving multiple disciplines).
E. I have directed and overseen the planning and scheduling of work for a multi-unit organization. I have established criteria and priorities and reviewed, amended, and consolidated the plans developed by subordinates.
5. Indicate the extent of your experience in developing plans for a program or an organization.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. Under the close guidance of others, I have developed short-range plans for a program (for example, set timelines, established milestones, identified needed resources).
C. I have independently developed both short- and long-range plans for a program or organization (for example, set timelines, established milestones, identified needed resources).
D. I have overseen the development of plans that were broad in scope or were complex, involving multiple entities.
6. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience in assigning work as a team leader or an acting supervisor.
C. I have had experience as a supervisor in assigning work to subordinates and adjusting those assignments based on changing priorities and demonstrated skills of employees.
D. I have had experience as a second- or third-level supervisor in assigning program and project responsibilities to subordinate units.
7. Have you met/negotiated with various parties to help resolve grievances/appeals?A. Yes
8. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience, gained while serving as a team leader or acting supervisor, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.
C. I have had extensive experience, gained as a supervisor/manager, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending their work.
9. Indicate the extent of your experience in monitoring or developing performance measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration.A. I have had no experience or training in performing this task.
B. I have made recommendations based on my evaluation of performance measurements used to determine the effectiveness of operations and/or program administration.
C. I have developed performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration, and have monitored the use of these measurements.
D. I have supervised the development of performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and program administration, as well as the evaluation of operations and program administration.
10. Select the choice which best describes your ability to establish and maintain effective working relations outside of the organization.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have provided routine information, resolved simple problems, questions, or complaints, and directed non-routine problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person/office.
C. I have maintained relationships with members of the public who have diverse needs, assessed their needs, and provided moderately complex information to them. I have resolved fairly complex or non-routine problems, questions, or complaints.
D. I have developed and maintained relationships with interest groups with diverse needs, anticipated and assessed their needs, and provided complex information to them. I have resolved complex or non-routine problems, questions, or complaints.
11. Indicate the extent to which you have gathered and analyzed facts, determined the accuracy of the data, defined the problem, and identified solutions.A. I have gathered data/information in preparation for analysis by others.
B. I have gathered data/information, analyzed it, and summarized the results of my findings.
C. I have gathered data/information, performed analyses, summarized results, and identified problem areas.
D. I have gathered statistical data and narrative information, performed analyses, summarized results, identified problem areas, and proposed/implemented solutions.
12. Select the choice which best describes the extent of your knowledge of internal and external politics in the work place and your ability to apply this knowledge to situations.A. I have a basic understanding of internal and external politics in the work place.
B. I have a thorough understanding of internal and external politics in the work place, acquired through on-the-job experience and formal training, and I have routinely applied this knowledge in work situations.
C. I have expert knowledge of internal and external politics in the work place, acquired from extensive supervisory/managerial experience, and I have applied this knowledge to enhance the effectiveness of my organization.
13. Indicate the extent of your experience in supporting and implementing changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure.A. I have worked with my peers to implement changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure.
B. I have disseminated information about changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure to peers and/or subordinates and explained the impact of these changes.
C. I have disseminated information about changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure, explained the impact of these changes to internal and external stakeholders, and ensured that the changes were implemented.
14. Applicants are required to undergo and successfully complete a background investigation. Will you comply with this requirement?A. YES
15. Applicants are required to undergo and successfully pass a preemployment drug screening test and must submit to random drug testing after employment. Will you comply with this requirement?A. YES
16. Have you ever held or do you currently hold a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government equivalent to GS-14 or higher? Temporary promotions do not count.A. YES
If you answered “Yes”, provide the title, pay plan, grade and series or pay band and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.
17. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
C. I am a Federal employee but have not received a performance rating.
D. Not applicable. I am not a Federal employee.
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.