Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Resident Agent-in-Charge)
Vacancy ID: 836186 Announcement Number: DAL-INV-836186-MP-WM USAJOBS Control Number: 337305600Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Resident Agent in Charge)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
001 Supv Criminal Investigator (Resident Agent in Charge)
081040077 Grand Junction, CO
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee at a GS-1811-14 level (Criminal Investigator) with competitive service.
B. I am NOT a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee at a GS-1811-14 level (Criminal Investigator) with competitive status.
If you answered "A," you must provide dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY). If you answered "B," indicate "Not Applicable."
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-14 or higher grade level with the Federal government.
B. I have at least one year of experience directing complex criminal investigations with interregional/national/international dimensions; providing leadership and training to lower level agents; planning and conducting criminal investigation with extensive jurisdictional problems; developing criminal investigation strategies in cooperation with federal, state, and local law enforcement operations; or devising new investigative techniques.
C. I do not possess the experience described above.
If you chose response "A" or "B" in the previous question, you must provide the position, title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrate this experience.
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-14 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively and your claim cannot be verified, you will lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of positions held, respond with a “No.”
3. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-14 or higher?A. Yes
4. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
5. Have you had a felony conviction?A. Yes
6. Do you have a current valid State drivers' license?A. Yes
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in planning and preparing schedules.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had limited experience in planning or preparing schedules either for my operational group or for brief periods of time.
C. I have planned and scheduled the day-to-day work of my immediate work unit on a continuous basis.
D. I have performed mid-to long-range planning and scheduling of work for my immediate work unit when there were complicating factors (for example, conflicting priorities, work involving multiple disciplines).
E. I have directed and overseen the planning and scheduling of work for a multi-unit organization. I have established criteria and priorities and reviewed, amended, and consolidated the plans developed by subordinates.
8. Indicate the extent of your experience in tracking and controlling a budget and budget expenditures (for example, Title III investigations, Certified Undercover Operations, State & Local Overtime, or Worksite Enforcement operations).A. I have had limited training or experience in performing these tasks.
B. I have determined costs to support these operations.
C. I have tracked budget transactions and recommended budge allocations.
D. I have overseen, reviewed, and approved budget requests and expenditures for large operations and enforcement actions.
9. Indicate the extent of your knowledge and experience in labor and employee relations.A. I have had no training or experience in labor and employee relations.
B. I have had some experience in dealing with labor and employee relations issues (for example, performance and conduct issues), and I am knowledgeable of relevant contract provisions and personnel regulations.
C. I have had experience in dealing with contract and/or administrative grievances, or I have participated in negotiations with the local union officials.
D. I have had extensive experience with grievances, arbitrations, negotiations, performance or conduct issues, or nonbargaining unit appeal procedures.
10. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience, gained while serving as a team leader or acting supervisor, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.
C. I have had extensive experience, gained as a supervisor/manager, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending their work.
11. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
B. I have have some experience in assigning work as a team leader or an acting supervisor.
C. I have had experience as a supervisor in assigning work to subordinates and adjusting those assignments based on changing priorities and demonstrated skills of employees.
D. I have had experience as a second-or-third level supervisor in assigning program and project responsibilities to subordinate units.
12. Indicate the extent to which you have prepared budget justifications based of staffing, facilities, and equipment in support of special operations funding, Title III, Certified Undercover Operations, Worksite Enforcement operations, OCDETF, or HIDTA.A. I have had limited training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have reviewed budget requests and tracked transactions to support or justify obligations, taking into account staffing, facilities, and equipment.
C. I have developed and prepared budgets, budget requests, and proposed expenditures to support a department's mission, taking into account staffing, facilities, and equipment.
D. I have had oversight, within delegated levels of approval, over budgets that supported the agency's mission.
13. Indicate the extent of your experience in determining personnel resource requirements for specific operations (for example, smuggling, financial, worksite, or certified undercover).A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
B. I have participataed in determining the number of personnel to meet operational requirements.
C. I have independently determined the number of personnel to meet operational requirements.
D. I have estimated workload levels and projected personnel requirements for a large organization involving multiple disciplines and subordinate organizational levels.
14. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate, orally and writing, with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
B. I have conducted meetings with and provided training for staff members or outside groups.
C. I have presented briefings on program areas to higher-level managers or internal/external organizations or agencies.
D. I have represented a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or acted as a liaison to other internal/external organizations or agencies.
15. Indicate the extent of your experience regarding certified undercover operations as a participant or a manager.A. I have had limited experience in certified undercover operations.
B. I have participated in a certified undercover operation as an operative, case agent, or bookkeeper.
C. I have been the group supervisor or project manager of a certified undercover operation and ensured that all reporting requirements are addressed.
D. I have managed a certified undercover operation and participated in a field review of other certified undercover operations.
16. Indicate the extent of your experience in handling stressful situations.A. I have dealt with occasional periods of mild stress as part of my regular job duties.
B. As part of my regular job duties, I have dealt on a daily basis with moderate stress (for example, handling heavy workloads, meeting tight deadlines).
C. As part of my regular job duties, I have frequently dealt with highly stressful situations (for example, rapidly changing priorities, dealing face-to-face with hostile or violent individuals, handling crisis situations).