Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for IT Project Manager (Business Analysis), GS-2210-13/14.A. I have one year of specialized IT experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service, in business analysis activities, such as: 1) analysis of business processes and data requirements, access needs and security controls to assist in the design/develop appropriate systems designs, access methods, and information security controls; 2) project and program evaluations to recommend appropriate systems design and development; 3) experience in state-of-the-art tools for conducting business analyses; 4) systems development life cycle (SDLC) business analysis related processes, standards, guidance and best practices; AND I have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Analyze data requirements, access needs and security controls to design and develop appropriate systems designs, access methods and information security controls.
3. Develop proposals to translate management objectives/directives into advanced IT application systems.
4. Review a variety of short, intermediate and long-range studies and projects to assure existing operational systems and methods provide the most effective an efficient manner of operation.
5. Utilize various industry standard business analysis techniques for evaluating business needs and translating needs into IT solutions.
6. Participate as a SME in IT project and program related evaluations to recommend most appropriate systems design, development and implementation approaches on a project-by-project basis.
7. Apply technical policies to standards, protocols and other project management techniques to implement systems.
8. Review project deliverables; proactively identify project risks; and escalate and/or resolve project issues.
9. Plan, coordinate, and perform system design and development of a major IT functional area.
10. Make recommendations on how new application development concepts, techniques and tools are used to modernize IT systems.
11. Participate as a subject matter expert (SME) in process, standards and guidance development as related to systems development life cycle (SDLC) activities.
12. Utilize state-of-the-art software tools to develop software and workflow models.
13. Evaluate new systems analysis and process design software tools.
14. Develop systems analysis-related document and project artifacts.
15. Performs quality review of project -related systems analysis documents to ensure appropriate effectiveness and efficiency.
16. Promote coordination and effectiveness by facilitating discussions and exchange of opinions among staff with diverse viewpoints and conflicting interests.
17. Develop and present reports, analyses, guidelines, procedures, and presentations for senior management and all-hands meetings.
18. Provide advice and consultation on strategic use of information technology to improve management effectiveness related to CIO/CDC activities to technical and supervisory staff.
19. Balance workload of employees and contractors to ensure staff members are utilized efficiently.
20. Ensure all team members are aware of policies and standard operating procedures; implement appropriate performance metrics; monitor performance.
21. Assign and prioritize work to meet customer demands on a day-to-day basis.
22. Align development activities and outcomes with senior management strategic goals and objectives.
23. Provide technical monitoring of contracts to ensure satisfactory progress, to assure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance.
24. Review monthly contractor performance report and provide feedback concerning completion of required deliverables, performance of work received and payment of invoices.
25. Develop Statement of Work for new contractor activities and participate in technical review activities.
26. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.