1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your mastery ability to perform as a Facilities Operations Manager, at the GS-15 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
2. Coordinates and/or integrates the work of participating national or international agencies, organizations, or foreign governments that have conflicting, incompatible, or undefined priorities, requiring that major compromises in the project goals, techniques, and methodologies be affected before substantial progress can be made.
3. Coordinates and/or integrates the work of a wide variety of participants when there are significant major advancements or issues in the program area.
4. Summarizes, interprets, and relates information on difficult or misunderstood policy questions.
5. Performs work as a technical authority in a program area.
6. Identifies the actions to be taken in accomplishing the major facilities program objectives for an agency.
7. Prepares long-range facilities plans for new programs and manage plans for the effective operation of an organization.
8. Determines actions to be taken in accomplishing the facilities program objectives for a major agency or organization.
9. Recommends and implements methods to improve process and/or procedures.
10. Serves as agency expert on facilities programs and system management studies or projects of a broad scope involving national programs with complex issues.
11. Analyzes agency-wide facilities programs and make recommendations for program modification or improvement.
12. Applies analytical techniques to overseeing major facilities, and budgetary programs.
13. Develops methods for researching issues, drawing conclusions, and evaluating multiple impacts and long-term budget planning.
14. Evaluates agency-wide facilities program issues, such as controversial issues with changing priorities and fiscal considerations.
15. Analyzes facilities program issues that cross programs or organizational lines.
16. Evaluates the full range of resources where changes affected different facilities, budget programs, and organizations.
17. Develops and coordinates facilities projects in the specialization or subject matter of the position that had an impact in the program area on a national level or with General Services Administration Officials.
18. Develops and coordinates substantive information about the facilities programs, policies, and functions of an agency.
19. Writes interpretive materials with broad impact, such as lease agreements, regulatory legislation drafts, or written advisory opinions to internal and external officials.
20. Coordinates technical facilities program policies on an agency-wide scale.
21. Delegates authority to establish a series of annual, multi-year or similar types of long-range work plans and schedules for the work of the organizational unit.
22. Implements (through lower and subordinate organizational units or others) the goals and objectives for the assigned program, and plans long-range staffing needs.
23. Provides oral instructions to subordinates to carry out assignments and to perform the day-to-day work.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
24. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
25. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
26. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.