BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THEANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the response that best describes your qualifications for the Emergency Services Branch Director AD-0089 position. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I am credentialed and qualified as a Type I Branch Director in an NIMS compliant organization or a commensurate position in a non-NIMS organization and have satisfactorily performed this position on multiple incidents.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If marked 'NARRATIVE,' please provide a narrative statement addressing the question, please do not cut and paste your resume.
Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
2. Coordinate response and recovery operations with Federal agencies, and/or State, Tribal, and local governments.
3. Implements and coordinates assigned portion of an Incident Action Planning Process in support of incident objectives and strategies.
4. Serve as spokesperson on field operations and serve as a subject matter expert.
5. Serve as Agency or organization representative in forums, meetings or conferences in the field of emergency management and public safety.
6. Develop strategies and tactics for managing operations for all levels of incidents and pre-planned events.
7. Analyze and identify resource needs.
8. Manage, lead and assigns work to staff and supervisors.
9. Evaluate operational requirements, ensure objectives are accomplished; and identify areas for improvement.
10. Identifies resources to be released for demobilization; and initiate transition plan for long-term recovery.
11. Identifies resources to be released for demobilization; and initiate transition plan for long-term recovery.
12. Participates in planning and coordination exercises to improve readiness.
13. Direct the execution of Incident Action Planning process in support of life-saving and life-sustaining activities.
14. Command the operations of Emergency Support function such as fire and public health response during an emergency situation.
15. Ensures that during an emergency incident, Emergency Function is properly staffed at all levels of incidents.
16. Determine organization structure based on the complexity of an incident.
17. Acts as a liaison to state, local. Tribal, etc. or Federal emergency management agencies on emergency support functions.
18. Participate with federal and/or local or state government on all-hazard planning and assessment initiatives.
19. Plan, organize and coordinate briefings and information exchange opportunities.
20. Are you aware that all FEMA employees are subject to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency, and all Federal employees may be subject to emergency deployment?A. Yes
21. Are you able to meet this commitment?A. Yes
22. Do you understand that the length of such deployment may last anywhere from days to months, depending upon the nature of the emergency or disaster?A. Yes
23. Are you able to meet this commitment?A. Yes
24. Do you understand that in the event of an emergency deployment, your travel requirements may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require you to relocate to emergency sites, some of which are quite austere?A. Yes
25. Are you able to meet this commitment?