Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 06.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Administrative Support Assistant (Office Automation), GS-303-06.A. I have one year specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service, performing a variety of administrative support tasks to include, managing meeting schedules; processing incoming and outgoing correspondences, letters and reports; responding to oral and written inquiries; utilizing a personal computer and a variety of software applications to generate presentations and reports; and processing and/or maintaining records/documents; etc.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Administrative Support Assistant (Office Automation), GS-303-07.A. I have one year specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service, performing a variety of administrative support tasks to include, managing meeting schedules; processing incoming and outgoing correspondences, letters and reports; responding to oral and written inquiries; utilizing a personal computer and a variety of software applications to generate presentations and reports; and processing and/or maintaining records/documents; etc.
3. Can you type 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors?A. Yes
4. Do you possess experience using a personal computer to perform word processing?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Manage appointments and meeting schedules for senior officials.
6. Receive, screen, and maintain correspondence to ensure documents and other materials are handled in a sensitive manner.
7. Assess and route incoming and outgoing materials, correspondence, reports and other forms of written communication.
8. Make foreign and domestic travel arrangements for staff.
9. Identify problems and resolve administrative issues.
10. Gather information, advise, and coordinate with officials on a variety of administrative issues.
11. Use discretion and maintain confidentiality in matters related to sensitive or controversial issues.
12. Compile, organize, and track program data in support of the organization's program operations.
13. Arrange meetings and conference calls for staff
14. Provide operational and administrative assistance to all staff on procedural requirements.
15. Compile and consolidates material into prescribed format.
16. Prepare a variety of correspondence ensuring correct punctuation, spelling, grammar and conformance to style.
17. Develop background information and prepares outlines for correspondence and reports.
18. Interact with peers, general public, and/or industry representative on sensitive and/or non-sensitive matters.
19. Answer phone calls and refer callers to appropriate subject matter personnel.
20. Answer questions concerning policies and procedures related to support/office services.
21. Communicate information to supervisor for review, tracking or internal workflow management and analyses.
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.