Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED.
1. Please select the response below that BEST reflects your qualifications for the Individual Assistance Branch Director AD-0089-04 position.A. I have experience managing the implementation of disaster recovery programs and staff in support of field operations.
DEFAULT SCALE: Please select the response below that reflects your understanding of the Special Requirements of National Incident Management Assistance Teams (IMAT).
2. Are you aware that all FEMA employees are subject to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency, and all Federal employees may be subject to emergency deployment?
3. Are you able to meet this commitment?
4. Do you understand that the length of such deployment may last anywhere from days to months, depending upon the nature of the emergency or disaster?
5. Are you able to meet this commitment?
6. Do you understand that in the event of an emergency deployment, your travel requirements may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require you to relocate to emergency sites, some of which are quite austere?
7. Are you able to meet this commitment?
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
DEFAULT SCALE: Please select the response that best reflects your experience performing the specified tasks.
8. Analyze Individual Assistance emergency recovery issues at Federal, State, and/or local levels and the knowledge and ability to implement findings and recommendations ensure effective disaster operations.
9. Develops strategies and tactics for managing the delivery of all components of ESF #6 under the field operations for all levels of incidents and preplanned events.
10. Supervise and manage staff and program functions.
11. Makes organizational adjustments based on the complexity of the incident and requests additional personnel, supplies, services, and equipment as needed.
12. Establishes work assignments and sets priorities
13. Knowledge of incident action planning process.
14. Analyze operational alternatives and options to determine the best approaches for establishing plans and procedures and to resolve identified problems.
15. Identify gaps in interagency operational capabilities and develop strategies for enhanced coordination and delivery of services.
16. Ensures the delivery of individual assistance programs in line with the Incident Action Plan.
17. Manages disaster operations information, including reporting, tracking, and monitoring program activities.
18. Ensures the efficient, effective and timely development and management of information within the section.
19. Determine the information made available to external offices/customers.
20. Ensure reports and data systems, and other reporting products are created and distributed appropriately to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
21. Communicate orally with senior-level management.
22. Develop senior level briefings and guidance.
23. Communicate orally with senior level officials of other Federal agencies, senior representatives of State and local governments, and public and private organizations having responsibilities in the execution of emergency management programs.
24. Establish and chair task forces and working groups with Regional Offices, program offices.
25. Knowledge of Emergency Support Function (ESF) #6 and Individual Housing Plan coordination duties and responsibilities.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form