Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, providing advice and assistance to State and local governments, and to various public, nonprofit, and private agencies and organizations on matters relating to the improvement of public health activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide technical advice and assistance to national, state and local health agencies and to various other organizations to meet organizational needs.
3. Plan, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for public health program administration.
4. Lead collaboration on programs, projects, and studies to coordinate efforts with other program staff, centers, institutes and offices, other federal, national, state and local health agencies; private and non-profit organizations.
5. Develop, manage, and oversee all aspects of field placement and return for an international health program.
6. Develop and/or lead the development of goals and objectives for public health programs or projects.
7. Prepare and/or assist with contracts and grants/cooperative agreements for services pertinent to the program.
8. Review and assess public health program management practices to determine their impact on operations.
9. Provide recommendations for processes, procedures and/or policies related to public health programs, practices and research.
10. Establish timelines, milestones, reporting requirements and various measures of accountability for public health programs and/or projects.
11. Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact for operations.
12. Recommend corrective programmatic and administrative action when appropriate.
13. Serve on review committees, public health task groups or comparable groups delegated responsible for reviewing and developing public health policies, procedures and guidelines.
14. Recommend approval or disapproval of existing or proposed program activities or expansions.
15. Defend public health policies before representatives for state and local governments, private industry, academia, and other program/scientific communities.
16. Brief colleagues and higher level managers on technical topics related to public health programs.
17. Represent the agency in assigned program or project areas.
18. Respond to inquiries about scientific and programmatic activities in the organization.
19. Prepare briefing materials on programmatic activities for leadership.
20. Prepare policy documents, reports, summaries, and other substantive documents regarding scientific and programmatic activities.
21. Prepare reports, technical documents and other substantive program documentation to support planning, management and accountability, monitoring, and accomplishment of milestones and expected outcomes.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position. Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.