Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Administrative Support Assistant (OA)
Enter the lowest grade level (07-08) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The specialty code for this position is 001 - competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in an Administrative Support Assistant position with the Department of Justice. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a GS-07 Administrative Support Assistant.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a GS-08 Administrative Support Assistant.
3. Select the response that best describes your typing and office automation skills. Select only one response. Please note, during the interview we may ask you to demonstrate your ability to type at least 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors in a five-minute sample.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Maintain automated systems of program-specific data to track suspense items for status reports.
5. Coordinate the distribution of data received from a variety of sources.
6. Track training program, including sending notices and responding to inquiries.
7. Update and maintain list of participants, notification reports, and deadlines.
8. Enter pertinent information into an automated tracking system.
9. Respond to inquiries for assistance with administrative problems.
10. Respond to issues that require interpretation of existing policies or resolution of unusual circumstances.
11. Communicate with staff to address problems or issues that may arise.
Notify the appropriate personnel concerning the need for information or recommendations.
12. Keep supervisor informed of all funding issues.
13. Advise employees and supervisors on the status of training request.
14. Follow up with employees to ensure understanding of training requirements.
15. Receive visitors and telephone callers.
16. Provide information to senior officials of an organization.
17. Manage administration of the financial disclosure program.
18. Coordinate office support services to meet specialized or unique program needs.
19. Perform the full range of property management functions, to include ordering of furniture, equipment and supplies.
20. Answer questions related to property management services.
21. Serve as the point-of-contact for the organization to arrange and coordinate training activities.
22. Arrange schedules for training, ensuring classroom requirements and/or equipment have been met.
23. Prepare written documents, such as transmittal memos and e-mail, which cover routine issues, for recipients within my immediate organization.
24. Prepare written documents, such as reports and correspondence, to external entities; which cover issues involving programs and require sensitivity to the views of my audience.
25. Coordinate work with clerical, administrative and other personnel through written communication, such as memos or emails.
26. Respond to routine written inquiries and directed more technical inquiries to appropriate parties.
27. Contact other offices within and outside the agency in writing to obtain or provide information.
28. Apply detailed knowledge of current program requirements and project needs to complete assignments independently.
29. Apply detailed knowledge of current program requirements and project needs to complete assignments independently.
30. Determine the appropriate file classification and cross-reference needed to document project files.
31. Ensure supervisor has current information in a readily accessible format.
Process documents related to the Department program independently.
32. Review nominee packages for accuracy, then finalize as required by the office.