Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one that best describes your experience and/or education to meet the Minimum Qualification requirements for the Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-9.A. I have at least one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level. Specialized experience may include: performing analytical and evaluative work associated with Hart-Scott-Rodino activities; identifying data required for use in the management and direction of programs; conducting studies and recommending changes or improvements; performing management surveys; analyzing, developing and evaluating proposed changes in operating procedures or delegations of authority; researching and investigating new or improved management practices; developing new or modified administrative program policies; establishing and maintaining a quality/compliance control system for the tracking of court challenges and judgements; and/or data gathering and analytical techniques and systems evaluation methodology.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Design and conduct studies and make recommendations to top-level officials on implementing policies and procedures on a variety of issues, e.g., staffing/manpower needs; budget recommendations; and economy of operations.
3. Has knowledge of the principles, concepts, policies and objectives applicable to personnel management/administration, budgeting and financial management, procurement and contracting, property management, and/or supply.
4. Assist others in developing plans or schedules using standard references and existing information to identify schedule time required, estimate resources and determine milestones
5. Establish and maintain a quality/compliance control system for the tracking of court challenges and judgements.
6. Perform factual research in support of cases, investigations, reports in an effort to gain more insight into a complaint from the public and to determine where the complainant will be referred.
7. Gather and organize statistics on various types of information for speeches, articles and presentations for both domestic and foreign audiences.
8. Manage the administrative functions or overseeing all functions of an office to include making office assignments or procuring goods and services for the office (e.g., office equipment or furniture).
9. Establish office procedures and practices, making hiring recommendations to superiors, recommending promotions or awards, and assigning and reviewing work.
10. Identify actions to be taken in accomplishing assigned work, and break the assigned actions into work components, such as setting of deadlines, milestones, etc., with the applicant being responsible for meeting those deadlines.
11. Develop plans that identify the work to be done, the scope of the project, and deadlines for completion.
12. Plan and organize studies, estimating costs, coordinating with staff and line management personnel and conducting all phases of the project.
13. Work in an antitrust legal environment and has demonstrated knowledge of the roles played by the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice in enforcing the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
14. Keep track of large amounts of information and present the information in an efficiently organized manner.
15. Take a lead role in premerger processing procedures (e.g., has written guidelines or trained others on premerger notification requirements).
16. Gather and summarize information, developing sections of documentation for review by senior specialists, and/or development of sections of technical program assessments
17. Compile statistical data for use in reports, letters and other documents; or compiled data for use by management for decision-making purposes relating to operations, and policy determinations.
18. Write and edit operating manuals, standard operating procedures, proposals and/or administrative reports, etc.
19. Analyze and present information that required the adaptation of guidelines and application of a broad knowledge of pertinent resources and information.
20. Draft, edit and complete complex memoranda, difficult reports and papers and other very challenging original written products.
21. Skill in writing and/or editing, dealing with other individuals, data analysis, and interpreting regulations and other guideline material sufficient to carry out assignments, operations and procedures.
22. Give oral presentations and briefings, interviewing , and answering general inquiries.
23. Interact with others in which the purpose was to obtain, clarify, or give facts or information of a technical nature.
24. Serve in a liaison role and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, staff, and management officials within an organization/agency and in the public and private sector.
25. Obtain and exchange information with co-workers and supervisors, answer factual questions, and explain well-establish policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and/or standards to individuals outside the organization.
26. Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers.
27. Deal with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed.
28. Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to all.
29. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.