Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number: 838052
Announcement Number: IHS-13-OK-838052-ESEP/MP
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 06.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in this Cook position with the Indian Health Service.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
SECTION I. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND FACTORS.
1. I have the ability to perform the work of a Cook, without more than normal supervision.A. Yes
2. WG-6: I have experience and training that included following simple oral or written instructions and/or work orders; performing cook duties, including prepare all types of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, fruits, sauces, and gravies and prepare, cook, season, following standardized recipes.A. Yes
Respond Yes or No to the following questions. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your responses.A- Yes
3. I have experience preparing all types of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, fruits, sauces, and gravies for regular and modified diet menus.
4. I have experience serving proper food portions based on modified diets.
5. I have experience preparing and serving foods at proper temperatures.
6. I have experience making modifications to recipes for ingredient quantities, the number to servings, and the size of the equipment available.
7. I have experience planning, preparing and coordinating entire meals so that completed food products are ready at the appropriate temperature and time.
8. I have experience preparing food for modified diets such as diabetic, sodium restricted, and low cholesterol to ensure diet orders are followed.
9. I have experience using ovens, steamers, microwaves, dishwashers in a hospital and/or care facility.
10. I have experience cleaning and maintaining food service equipment such as: ovens, steamers, microwaves and dishwashers.
11. I have knowledge of proper safety and sanitation guidelines for food service equipment.
12. I have experience ensuring that food is visually appealing and conforms to established food standards in terms of shape, size, texture, color, and flavor.
13. I have experience examining food for quality and freshness before preparation and serving.
14. I have experience adjusting standardized recipes depending on quantity of food required.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.