Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the qualification requirements Budget Analyst, GS-0560-12/13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service to include experience analyzing and evaluating budget execution; advising on and supporting funds control; monitoring spending plans; and reporting on status of funds.
For each task in the following list of factors, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develop, formulates, and executes complex budget for HHS substantive programs or administrative areas.
3. Ensure obligations incurred and expenditures are in accordance with laws and regulations.
4. Recommend reprogramming and adjustments to work plans to account for changes in funding levels, programs changes, and legislative mandates.
5. Review documentations on spending plan and work jointly with program officials to provide reasonable assurance that funding requirements adhere to Appropriations Law guidelines.
6. Analyze and compares program content to ensure cost benefit and political viability of budget and program actions.
7. Possess knowledge of the Federal budget process, and all associated policies, directives, procedures and regulations, to develop and provide authoritative advice and interpretations of legislation, policies and precedents.
8. Formulate budget estimates for annual, multi-year, and/or no-year programs.
9. Monitor, reviews, and reconciles commitments, obligations, reimbursable orders, etc. to track agency appropriations.
10. Maintain complex database and other accounting/tracking systems as required budgetary tools for program and management reporting.
11. Track progress of agency appropriations through Congress to ensure accountability.
12. Track obligations, expenditures, and the flow of funds to ensure the program remains within its ceiling and/or the agency is not anti-deficient.
13. Ensure fund availability for the processing of obligating documents.
14. Use state-of-the-art automated accounting and financial management systems to extrapolate information.
15. Communicate all budget guidelines issued by the Department, OMB, Congress, etc. to ensure program complies with all guidelines, regulations, and laws.
16. Identify issues and provides recommendations for resolution of complex problems.
17. Deliver verbal communications to provide authoritative advice and assistance.
18. Persuade others to adopt proposed recommendations.
19. Develop work plans for the execution of the budget.
20. Develop cost-benefit analysis of proposed budget to provide guidance to program managers on course of action.
21. Utilize written communication to prepare complex budget reports, narratives, and justifications.
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.