Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the GS-14 grade level or above; OR I am a current FDA employee serving under Schedule A appointment; OR I am a current Commissioned Corps Officer.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location codes for this position are:
Please answer yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer (Branch Chief), GS-696-14 position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for GS-0696, Consumer Safety Officer.A. I have a degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you meet the time in grade requirement.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to statement number below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
4. Please select the appropriate response from the list below. Select only one answer.A. I am currently serving in a position at the GS-14 grade level or above in the
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
5. I am a current permanent employee of the Food and Drug Administration; OR I am a current FDA employee serving under Schedule-A appointment; OR I am a current FDA Commissioned Corps Officer.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
6. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities
7. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments.
8. Provide advice, counsel or instruction on both work and administrative matters.
9. Identify developmental and training needs of employees and find ways to improve production or increase the quality of work directed.
10. Direct a segment of a professional, highly technical, or complex administrative program which involves the development of major aspects of key agency scientific, medical, legal, administrative, policy development, highly technical programs.
11. Serve as the focus for investigational and related operations.
12. Identify and resolve investigational problems having national significance.
13. Provide advice and consultation during meetings with regulated firms, and in other circumstances such as strategy planning to handle major investigational assignments having national impact.
14. Monitor field investigational and inspectional capabilities.
15. Provide advice and consultation during meetings with regulated firms.
16. Serve as the focus for investigational and related operations in meetings and conferences
17. Serve as the contact point by higher management, which requires preparation of briefing materials.