Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 838291
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT, GS-0303-07
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form B1A-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/E13.aspA. Yes.
4. The incumbent of this position is required to operate a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental duty and must possess a valid State Driver's License?
Do you possess a valid State Driver's License?
5. DO YOU HEREBY CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THIS SELF-CERTIFICATION STATEMENT?
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Program Assistant. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-06 level performing duties, such as provided assistance for program planning, program support and follow-through to completion a variety of administrative and/or program support responsibilities necessary for management and control of programs and activities. This includes, but is not limited to: prepared requisitions; maintained automated system of program-specific data; scheduled day-to-day office plans and staff schedules; assisted in correspondence control; gathered financial data for review and comparison; made travel arrangements and prepared travel authorizations and vouchers; maintained time and attendance reports; and finalized documents using software applications as electronic mail, spreadsheet, database and graphics.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Utilize the automated time and attendance system.
8. Use various software programs, such as Microsoft Office, to create correspondence, complex reports, create spreadsheets and multi-columned forms.
9. Use e-mail software to create correspondence, attach documents and respond to inquires.
10. Use spreadsheets and databases to enter, revise, sort or calculate and retrieve data.
11. Coordinates budget planning within Agency or Region.
12. Maintain office files and reports in accordance with regulatory requirements.
13. Develop and maintain paper filing or records systems.
14. Ensure files are current and complete.
15. Archive records using proper office procedures.
16. Receive and screen inquires and direct and refer to appropriate staff or section.
17. Serves as a primary timekeeper.
18. Maintain calendar and schedules appointments for supervisor and other personnel.
19. Receives, reviews, and distribute incoming mail and distribute accordingly.
20. Resolve or answer inquiries regarding the program and/or operations.
21. Manage and maintain financial transactions to cuff accounts.
22. Use automated data processing system to enter financial data/obligations, such as: travel, purchases, and invoices.
23. Use automated data processing system retrieve data/obligation, such as travel, purchases and invoices.
24. Use automated financial system to maintain and prepare budget report(s).
25. Identify factors causing problems.
26. Be resourceful in addressing problems.
27. Use different communication skills in resolving issue.
28. Assess financial impact on problem.
29. Develop a plan in address problem.
30. Approach the public with outstanding demeanor upon initial contact.
31. Talk with individuals to identify any needs, concerns, or issues.
32. Recommend to individuals appropriate course of action.
33. Respond to requests or complaints.
34. Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information.
35. Follow-up on requests or complaints.
36. Respond to inquiries or requests for information.
37. Provide technical support regarding administrative support functions.
38. Contact others to obtain information.
39. Provide guidance or assistance on policies or procedures.
40. Serve as liaison between personnel (inside and outside your agency), users, clients, and customers.
41. Compose correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
42. Respond to or make inquiries on own initiative and follow up to ensure completion of requested information.
43. Greet and direct visitors to appropriate staff.
44. Explain technical and other complex information orally.
45. Prepare letters and memorandums using Microsoft Word.
46. Able to develop written communication with proper tone, grammar, and structure without much supervision.
47. Adhere to using approved written communications formats of Navajo Region.
48. Finalize any written communications for Superintendent's Office without much editing.
49. Ensure proper review and approval is completed before documents are disseminated.
50. Respond in writing to inquiries or requests for information.
51. Respond using email to inquiries or requests for information.
APPLICANT VERIFICATION: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
52. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.