Please read the following questions carefully and select the answer that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications.
1. Are you currently enrolled full or part-time in an ABA accredited law school, classified or academically ranked by semester hours as a First or Second year student, and in good standing with the law school?
2. Do you permanently reside or attend a college or university within 50 miles of Arlington, VA?A. Yes
Ability to research and analyze legal issues in the areas of employment and labor law, contracting and procurement law, federal appropriations law, Inspector General-related law, criminal law, ethics, public sector civil litigation, and/or audits
For the tasks for each evaluation factor in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E for each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall rating may be negatively impacted. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Interpret and apply laws, executive orders, directives, and guidance on criminal litigation issues
4. Conduct research in connection with cases to analyze factual and legal issues to determine what facts are needed and what legal sources are applicable
5. Understanding various practical aspects of law and putting them into practice
6. Knowledge about law and legal procedures
7. Analyze basic facts to develop recommendations for improvements of a program
8. Use judgment in locating and selecting the proper procedural and technical instructions for performing work
Skill in writing legal opinions and policy analyses and recommending appropriate action
9. Prepare documents that set forth a significant issue in order to recommend a course of action to higher-level staff members or management
10. Prepare rough drafts or other legal write up
11. Prepare documents that analyze and respond to a dispute about a legal issue of significant importance in which parties have raised differing legal theories to support their position
12. Interpret and analyze legal matters for which there is no existing precedent or existing precedent is not clearly analogous
13. Interpret and analyze legal matters that involve numerous factual and legal disputes among different parties that have arisen with multiple dockets over a long period of time
Ability to communicate effectively to represent the OIG in legal proceedings and maintain excellent client relationships
14. Brief clients and senior agency officials on legal and policy issues
15. Participate in meetings and conferences with agency and government officials to discuss matters pending decision or resolution
16. Coordinates the transfer of information between departments and agencies
17. Establish contacts to acquire or exchange information or facts needed to complete an assignment
18. Work closely with agency attorney's, U. S. Attorney's Offices, Department of Justice, and other organizations to keep abreast of legal developments and best practices, and to effectively represent the agencies interests
CERTIFICATION OF ACCURACY
19. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you. Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.