The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
This announcement is open to applicants who meet the area of consideration as described in the vacancy announcement, under the heading "Who May Apply." Your response to the following question will determine whether or not you meet the defined eligibility criteria.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status:A. I am a current Federal employee with competitive status on a career or career-conditional appointment.
If you answered “A”, "B", "D", or "G", you must provide your Bureau and dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you answered “C” or “E” you must provide dates of military service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you chose any other response, you may indicate "not applicable".
The following question will be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level performing such duties as: providing guidance on a wide range of human resources management concepts, laws, policies and practices; identifying, evaluating human resource procedures; modifying human resource guidelines to resolve complex issues; proposing new policies/practices; conducting extensive research including interpreting facts or events to identify trends/patterns; conducting extensive, precedent-setting analyses to identify obscure or underlying causes of problems; and applying statistical analysis, sampling methods, and techniques to determine compliance with established regulations, policies and procedures.
Provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response. Otherwise enter "Not Applicable".
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-12 grade level?A. Yes. I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-12 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed, otherwise enter "Not Applicable".
Applicants who have held a permanent position with career ladder promotion potential equivalent to GS-13 or higher in the competitive service may be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your answer and narrative response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you may lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of position(s) you have held, respond "No."
4. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-13 or higher?A. Yes
If you chose response "A" to this question, provide your position title(s), pay plan, series, grade level or pay band, plus the full performance level of the grade or pay band listed, and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you occupied the position which supports your claim. Otherwise indicate "Not Applicable".
Example: Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-9 with promotion potential to GS-13 held from 10/12/04 to 6/05/05.
5. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
For each of the task statements listed below, please select the response that best describes your skill level. The statements were developed based on knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume. It is important that your resume clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. If not, your score may be lowered. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
6. Manage multiple assignments concurrently while maintaining a customer service focus and meeting competing deadlines.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Communicate quality assurance requirements to leadership, management and staff.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues in a variety of ways, on a consistent basis, to assist and to provide guidance and create a positive working relationship.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Understand the purpose, use and content of a quality assurance analysis to communicate inadequacies and areas of improvement.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
10. Implement process improvement to increase productivity, accuracy and/or relevance of information.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
11. Conduct technical reviews, analyze findings and develop new methods to obtain effective results.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
12. Offer ideas and recommendations for improving current business processes and for expanding utilization of current learning management systems and technologies.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
13. Plan, direct and perform system management, quality assurance, trend analysis and system research.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
14. Operate databases, spreadsheets, and document management systems to evaluate and track work processes.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
15. Apply understanding of functions and capabilities of automated human resources systems.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.