Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Science Administrator, GS-0601-14.A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor`s or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes specialized experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Health Science Administrator, GS-601-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience recommending regulatory and scientific guidance for developing products for rare disease and conditions; providing knowledge of Clinical Trail CT.gov; monitor grantees for compliance with grant requirements.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Submit recommendations and conclusions on whether data are adequate for orphan-drug or humanitarian use of device designation.
4. Develop new and amended regulations, guidance documents, policies and procedures which address scientific and regulatory issues related to orphan products.
5. Evaluate scientific data and studies of rare disease products and protocol designs to provide regulatory recommendations related to rare disease regulations.
6. Provide technical advice to scientists and other applicants in preparation of orphan designation applications.
7. Provide advice to scientists from outside the agency in the preparation of grant applications.
8. Prepare recommendations for regulatory projects.
9. Prepare summary statements for grant projects.
10. Prepare director's reports from grant panel evaluations.
11. Organize and identify grant panels participants.