Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, chose one answer that best describes your education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Chemist, GS-1320-12/13.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Chemist, GS-1320-12.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Chemist, GS-1320-13.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Assist in planning and executing large-scale research studies for an organization.
5. Perform literature searches to find applicable methods and information for research conducted.
6. Determine best approaches to acquire data needed for analysis.
7. Analyze food or food related products for toxic or nutrient elements.
8. Formulate hypotheses used in carrying out chemical studies.
9. Operate inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometers.
10. Recommend purchase of new instruments and equipment to laboratory management.
11. Operate homogenization equipment and acid digestion systems for preparing samples for analysis.
12. Perform necessary maintenance on laboratory equipment.
13. Train lower level chemists in the precedents and analytical methods of research performed.
14. Deliver research presentations on research accomplishments.
15. Represent organization on committees by making suggestions and recommendations concerning scientific issues.
16. Write scientific papers to be presented at national scientific meetings.
17. Write reports that distinctly describe the methods, uses, and limitations in experimental studies.
18. Write scientific articles or publications describing research procedures, methods, applications, and/or results for reproduction.