Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-05 Physical Science Technician.
2. I possess a current valid state driver's license in good standing. Upon tentative selection, you will be required to submit driver's license information.A. Yes, I possess a valid state driver's license or will be able to obtain one prior to entering on duty.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials.
It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeraion of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
3. Conduct natural resource field examinations, surveys, and or inventories for established projects
4. Analyze chemical, hydrological, and/or biological data as part of a water quality program
5. Summarize a variety of information (e.g. literature reviews, preliminary data analysis, recommendations, etc.) for draft project reports
6. Draft statistical reports for inclusion in larger study reports or program plans
7. Generate digital maps for use in technical studies and presentations
8. Prepare graphs, charts, and illustrations for inclusion in scientific reports or presentations
9. Monitor air quality constituents (e.g. gaseous pollutants, fine particulates, atmospheric deposition, etc.) as part of an air quality study
10. Perform analysis on scientific data to identify trends, correlations, and interrelationships
11. Ensure established protocols are followed to prevent the loss or contamination of scientific samples
12. Calibrate or maintain sampling, monitoring, and/or laboratory equipment and instruments to ensure their continued operability
13. Collect field data using standardized data collection procedures and equipment
14. Utilize computer software to conduct data analysis for scientific/technical projects
15. Adapt or modify data collection techniques to account for changing circumstances or goals
16. Recommend management action for natural resource preservation based upon the results of a scientific study/survey
17. Resolve logistical or operational issues that occur in the course of a scientific study or survey
18. Provide advice and guidance field research assignments and techniques to students, volunteers, or assistants
19. As previously explained, your rating on this Occupational Questionnaire is subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure its accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.