Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Analyst, GS-685-12/13.A. For GS-12: I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes knowledge of evaluative and analytical methods and techniques to establish criteria and measure accomplishments of public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop and implement a national conference.
3. Evaluate and analyze complex public health programs and policies.
4. Analyze existing or proposed systems and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Develop, monitor, implement, and evaluate current or projected complex public health programs at the community, State, national and/or international levels.
6. Provide on-going environmental scanning of peer-reviewed scientific literature related to STD prevention.
7. Conduct literature review for research and publications.
8. Provide management and editorial leadership for multi-author publications.
9. Serve as team leader for Division-level conference planning committee.
10. Serve on key committees and study groups.
11. Serve as a representative to various professional organizations.
12. Coordinate high level, collaborative projects with other internal and/or external organizations to meet broad agency goals.
13. Make presentations.
14. Provide program consultation.
15. Respond to inquiries.
16. Develop public health messages with subject matter experts.
17. Coordinate the development of information and education materials.
18. Disseminate effective prevention research strategies.
19. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.