ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. I am a Citizen of the United States.
2. I have earned a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which to be employed.
3. I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by American Psychological Association (APA) or am covered by one of the following exceptions. Exceptions: 1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and 2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.
4. GS-11 - I can meet the above basic requirements. I can conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders. I can practice under the close supervision of a licensed psychologist.
5. GS-12 - I meet the basic requirements at the GS-11 level and also possess at least 1 year of experience as a professional psychologist equivalent to the GS-11 grade level. I either have a license to practice at the independent practice level or am in the process of obtaining licensure to practice at the independent practice level. In addition, I can demonstrate the following KSAs:
Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
6. GS-13 - I meet the experience requirements at the GS-12 level, and possess at least 1 additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the GS-12 grade level. In addition, I can demonstrate the following KSAs:
Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
Knowledge of clinical research literature.
GS-13 is the full performance level for staff psychologists. At this level psychologists are licensed at the doctoral level to practice independently in the provision of psychological services consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate. They are assigned to any VHA program and setting, including inpatient or outpatient mental health.
7. I am proficient in spoken and written English. (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)
Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
1. Are you are a current permanent VA employee?A. Yes
2. Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for Veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the Veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim Veterans' preference, Veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
3. Your rating is subject to verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in you being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.