Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Security Specialist, GS-0080-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines, training, and methods identifying and protecting information related to insider threats and other security-related activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Promulgate and develop internal strategies for agency insider threat policy.
3. Provide advice through meetings to assist in safeguarding of classified information and to resolve problems.
4. Develop, implement and provide insider threat training.
5. Provide advisory services to employees and contractors who access classified systems or information.
6. Collaborate with Office of the Chief Counsel and civil liberties officials.
7. Establish and maintain liaison relationships with federal in their areas of responsibility as appropriate (i.e., Intelligence Community, Department of Homeland Security).
8. Establish internal mechanisms to assist and protect the advancement of public health.
9. Advance the Public Health by Safeguarding innovations.
10. Coordinate and ensure the compliance with United States Government and HHS policies to ensure the safe and secure handling of classified and controlled unclassified national and homeland security-related medical, public-health, and related scientific information.
11. Deliver briefings and training in CI Operational planning and/or regarding insider threat awareness training.
12. Coordinate with the Chief Operating Officer, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Director, Department of Homeland Security/ Office of Security and Strategic Information, and other internal management on insider threat and other related activities.
13. Coordinate the establishment and implementation of a centralized capability to monitor, audit gather, and analyze information for insider threat detection and mitigation.