Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (11) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
1. I am a citizen of the United States
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. Note: To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., Chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in Veterans Health Administration (VHA), applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
3. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history and military service?A. Yes
Applicants must meet the basic education requirement to qualify for this position.
4. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed AND Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) New VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement. (COPY OF STUDENT TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED).
5. Are you licensed and hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?
6. Do you meet the basic requirements of a GS-11 psychologist by having a doctoral degree in psychology and completing a one year internship program accredited by the APA?A. Yes
7. In addition to meeting the basic requirements for a GS-11 psychologist, do you have at least one year of experience as a professional psychologist?A. Yes
8. In addition to meeting the basic requirements for a GS-11 and GS-12 psychologist, do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia and have one additional year of specialized experience equivalent to that of at the GS-12 level?A. Yes
9. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Psychologist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
10. Knowledge of clinical research literature.A. I know little or nothing about this.
11. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.A. I know little or nothing about this.
12. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.A. I know little or nothing about this.
13. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.A. I know little or nothing about this.
14. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.A. I know little or nothing about this.
15. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.A. I know little or nothing about this.
Carefully read the following descriptions of the experience and select the one that best describes your psychologist qualifications. Make sure your resume supports your responses that you select.
16. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 USC 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 CFR Part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes