Please review the descriptions of the specialty codes listed below in order to determine how you would like to be considered for this position. You may make more than one selection as applicable. You will only be considered under the options selected, so please choose carefully.
001 ALL U.S. CITIZENS: You may apply under open competitive procedures if you are a United States citizen or national.
002 - NON-COMPETITIVE: You may apply under non-competitive procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status who hold a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for; or former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility who held a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for. You must provide a copy of the SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing the same or higher promotion potential as that of the position applying for (i.e. initial hire action, promotion action or reassignment action.) Do not submit SF-50s for awards, within grade increases or pay adjustments.
2. Veterans eligible for a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) . You must submit a copy of your DD-214. NOTE: VRA only applies to positions at the GS-11 level and below.
3. 30% or more disabled veterans . You must submit your DD-214 and a completed SF-15.
4. Military spouses whose active duty military spouse: 1) receives a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; 2) has a 100% disability rating; or 3) died while on active duty. For further information and eligibility criteria, please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx#msaa.
5. Persons with disabilities eligible for a Schedule A appointment. You must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness.
6. Former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers. You must provide documentation as proof of non-competitive eligibility.
7. Employees in the excepted service under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement or similar hiring authority (i.e. certain Postal Service employees, GAO employees, etc.)
Select at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Your response(s) to the question(s) below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Senior Science Advisor (SERVIR) position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level? Specialized experience is fulfilled by the following: (1) Knowledge of advanced concepts, principles and practices of climate change, environmental science, natural resources management, biology, or geography in order to serve as a technical expert on climate change in developing countries, (2) Knowledge of the implementation, management, and evaluation of international development programs, including the application of science and technology to development, (3) Knowledge of geospatial technologies and remote sensing applications in order to review and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of programs, and (4) Ability to serve as liaison and coordinate, develop and maintain relationships with multiple organizations, including US Federal agencies, international NGO's, academia, international development donors, and foreign ministries.
3. Have you completed all requirements for an advanced degree (beyond the baccalaureate) in a directly related field from an accredited institution? Directly related fields of study include Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Natural Resource Management, or Geography. If you answer yes, please submit a copy of your transcripts.
4. Do you have experience participating in the procurement process including preparing Statements of Work (SOW), evaluating contractor proposals and making the procurement award OR experience representing the scientific community in meetings with national and international organizations involved in climate change and development?
If you answered yes to the question above, please indicate in the space below where this experience may be found in your resume (i.e. employment dates, employer, and position title).
5. Do you have one or more of the following: (1) a GPA of 2.7 or higher for a high school diploma or a degree from an accredited junior college, college, university or other baccalaureate institution; or (2) a GPA of 3.0 or higher in your major field of study for a degree from an accredited junior college, college, university or other baccalaureate institution; or (3) a GPA of 2.7 or higher for at least 24 semester hours of directly related course work (i.e. Agricultural & Food Sciences, Nutrition, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, or Chemistry) above the high school level? If you answer yes, please submit a copy of your transcripts.
6. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.