Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the position of Human Resources Specialist (ELR), GS-0201-12.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the federal service, to successfully perform the duties of a Human Resources Specialist (ELR), to include experience utilizing analytical and diagnostic concepts, techniques, practices, and procedures to provide assistance in solving workforce issues and implementing organizational and procedural changes.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the position of Human Resources Specialist (ELR), GS-0201-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the federal service, to successfully perform the duties of a Human Resources Specialist (ELR), to include experience providing assistance in solving workforce issues and implementing organizational and procedural changes; applying a wide variety of Human Resources concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and practices as they relate to workforce relations..
For each task in the following group choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide client managers with interpretations of the organization's labor-relations procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines when the issues involved require substantial interpretation, potential for controversy, and/or the issue involves more than one area of human resource policy.
4. Provide client managers with interpretations of the organization's employee-relations procedures,
practices, policies, and guidelines when the issues involved require substantial interpretation,
potential for controversy, and/or the issue involves more than one area of human resource policy.
5. Provide advice on the preparation of disciplinary and adverse action, grievance, and appeal letters and documents required to execute the actions.
6. Develop and deliver briefings to managers on employee relations matters.
7. Provide managers with information and interpretations of the agency programs when the issues are limited in scope.
8. Provide basic human resources advisory services to managers of organizations.
9. Develop complex proposals and counter proposals that effectively reflect management's agenda.
10. Work with Union officials and negotiators to develop and implement solutions/settlement agreements based on needs and knowledge of overall labor environment and the workplace.
11. Recommend solutions to labor relations problems and issues having significant impact on cost, production, or working conditions. Certain issues impact significant organizational segments
and involve collective bargaining agreements with more than one bargaining unit.
12. Analyze the effects of changes in laws and regulations and develops, reviews, and analyzes new or proposed labor relations policies, procedures, and guidelines that impact a significant organizational segment such as regional offices, Center or major field installations.
13. Issue organization level guidance to clarify issues, resolve conflicting guidance, and/or alleviate other potential or existing problems, such as those pertaining to adverse actions or other official recognition of conduct and performance problems.
14. Serve as the organization-wide technical expert on performance and conduct-based actions and related employee relations program policies and practices.
15. Respond to program issues where there is the potential for serious impact on the organizations mission, such as complaints, grievances, and appeals that overlap the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) or Labor Relations areas.
16. Serve as the expert in the area of discipline and adverse actions.
17. Research case law to assure that the organization's actions are appropriate and legally defensible.
18. Devise Client case strategy, prepares and/or reviews documentation associated with adverse action cases, and presents and defends the division or organization's technical position before third parties.
19. Prepare written responses to managers related to employee relations policies, guidelines, processes and best practices.
20. Prepare correspondence to managers in order to achieve acceptance of recommendations.
21. Prepare project papers and/or status reports related to employee relations issues.
22. Responsible for leading and managing the end-to-end actions associated with the incentive
23. Improve the efficiency of internal administrative operations.
24. Develop and provide training and orientation to supervisors and managers on the broad spectrum of labor-management relations in the public sector, including conceptual and philosophical reviews of implementation and impact bargaining, formal procedure processes, and the role of labor and labor organizations in the workplace.
25. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.