Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 07.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Medical Classification Specialist, GS-0301-07.A. I am currently in a permanent CDC/ATSDR position at the GS-07 level or higher.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Participate in the management and oversight of the overall process that results in the classification of a death event and the collection of data.
3. Organize, evaluate and classify mortality medical data from registration units participating in the U.S. Vital Statistics Cooperative Program (VSCP).
4. Assist with monitoring data received for level of accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with medical classification procedures and principles.
5. Assist with overseeing mortality medical classification of death events where multiple and underlying cause of death is involved.
6. Expand and refine the "knowledge base" that supports the Mortality Medical Data System.
7. Assess mortality medical classification procedures as performed by registration entities to ensure their practices and procedures are consistent with national standards.
8. Recommend new approaches, procedures, or techniques to improve the flow of mortality medical classification issues.
9. Assist with overseeing, scheduling, and managing the development of files that support mortality medical data.
10. Participate in the development and implementation of the Management Information System related to mortality medical data.
11. Provide assistance to registration entities in developing and improving mortality medical classification and data entry systems.
12. Classify death events through the adjudication process using the mortality medical classification system.
13. Prepare and maintain documentation on methods, techniques and procedures required to medically classify mortality data.
14. Assist specialist with consulting and advising Vital Statistics Cooperative Program (VSCP) project officers on all matters involving mortality medical classification.
15. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.