Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 839762
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspxA. Yes
4. Incumbent will occasionally be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties; therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid State Drivers License.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes, I will submit to any required background investigation.
You must meet the specialized experience requirements for GS-0340 comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select). For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-14 Superintendent. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service which involved serving as the line official in charge of the daily operations and special projects of an Agency including coordinating various Agency programs; knowledge of the Bureau mission, organization, functions, goals, and objectives to carry out the management function as a Superintendent.
For each task listed below, select the statement that best describes the level of your training and/or experience for this position. If you select response D or E, your application must be able to support your claim; otherwise, you may receive a lowered or ineligible rating.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Point)
7. Perform the full range of management functions including planning, directing, and evaluating program activities, developing goals, and making long range program plans.
8. Accountable for the multi-programs areas, to include trust resources and assets.
9. Oversee progress toward agency goals, and periodically evaluates and makes appropriate adjustments.
10. Assure statutory and regulatory requirement are met dealing with PL 93-638 contract responsibilities.
11. Respond to program changes, funding changes, interests of the Bureau and grantee which has a direct effect on the extent and quality of services provided to the Indian people.
12. Provide technical assistance to Tribes concerning Trust management, financial conditions, business, economics, and industry to improve their Tribal operations.
13. Develop and recommend alternatives to improve the Bureau's trust and delegated management responsibilities to protect and conserve, individual Indian and tribal trust resources.
14. Analyze actions, problems and issues from tribes to carry out the Bureau's mission while assisting the tribes to understand and carry out responsibilities.
15. Administer support programs to create positive social attitudes which Indian people and the Tribes may move towards social and economic self-sufficiency.
16. Utilize management/supervisory principles and techniques to ensure the effective and efficient management and control of personnel, fiscal, property, and other administrative activities of an agency.
17. Examine current economic, political, and social trends and apply the information to policy development.
18. Evaluate program performance and project accomplishment to assess overall program effectiveness and efficiency.
19. Acquire and maintain working knowledge of relevant laws, rules, and regulatory requirements, court ruling, relative to Indian Affairs in order to render sound decisions in administering Bureau programs and activities.
20. Keep abreast key organizational activities, policies, and priorities likely to affect operations or the program area.
21. Implement new or revised laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
22. Evaluate, monitor, or ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
23. Explain or provide guidance on laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to management, personnel, or clients.
24. Direct or interpret broad policies and guidelines for program planning, development and execution.
25. Negotiate with internal and external groups to facilitate program implementation.
26. Participate in multi-agency/disciplinary teams.
27. Make presentations to tribal officials, councils, organizations, and committees about a variety of topics relative to BIA programs and the Government's Trust relationship.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.