Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
From the descriptions below, please choose the letter that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-12 Program Specialist work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour workweek. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience).A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service overseeing the development of training classes for professional engineering and/or acquisition programs; preparing annual and long-term training budget for department or organization; conducting succession planning analysis to determine recruitment and training focus initiatives; coordinating the recruitment of intern/student employees at colleges/universities and industry fairs; ability to communicate orally.
From the descriptions below, please choose the letter that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-13 Program Specialist work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour workweek. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience).A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service developing and implementing education, training and communications for a multi-functional program; developing and updating course content; gathering and analyzing course information from subject matter experts; creating e-learning modules, informational bulletins, educational videos, and interactive surveys; and managing the content of education and communications websites.
3. Provide oversight in the development of professional training progams to include development and evaluation of performance metrics to assess program peformance.
4. Oversee the development of training classes for professional engineering and/or acquisition programs
5. Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
6. Prepare annual and long-term training budget for department or organization.
7. Coordinate the recruitment of intern/student employees at colleges/univesities and industry fairs.
8. Promote the organization through the use of electronic or face-toface marketing with academia and professional organizations.
9. Analyze recruitment data to review staffing strategies to support organizational hiring goals.
10. Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
11. Implement projects and programs specific to acquisiton and engineering career management paths.
12. Conduct studies to measure effectiveness of plans to improve existing or operational plans.
13. Provide economically feasible and effective means to implement changes to an organization's programs
14. Develop solutions to chronic and accute problems identified in organizational programs.
15. Evaluate climate surveys to evaluate and make recommendations to program direction and career development needs.
16. Conduct succession planning analysis to determine recruitment and training focus initiatives.
17. Oversee forums on career development and continuing education requirements to meet program requirements.
18. Market and negotiate program objectives and requirements with prospective educational institutions.
19. Serve as a liaison with institution of higher learning for the purpose of developing a pipeline source for future employees.
20. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes