Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 840213
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the responses below, select the one response that best describes the experience and/or education that you possess which allows you to meet the Basic Requirements for the position.A. I have a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor."). Note: You must include a copy of your transcripts for verification.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the letter that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-12 level Accountant work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour workweek. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience).A. I have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in federal service that provided me the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. My experience includes enhancing or modifying accounting systems; organizing, analyzing, and interpreting financial information; interpreting financial laws, policies, and regulations; preparing presentations, reports and executive summaries on accounting data and functions; and providing accounting and financial management advice and guidance
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Monitor the resolution of problem areas and correction of deficiencies identified.
4. Modify conventional accounting techniques to solve accounting problems.
5. Conduct on-site reviews to identify policy, procedural, or situational weaknesses and strengths.
6. Counsel or advise others on financial matters.
7. Develop findings and/or reports that identify operational problems and trends and recommended solutions.
8. Conduct assessments of programs or operations to identify ways to reduce costs, eliminate waste and fraud, or improve operations.
9. Advise management on accounting system redesign.
10. Analyze accounting system transactions to identify inefficiencies in automated system hardware and software.
11. Make recommendations to management regarding modifications to automated system hardware and software.
12. Analyze programs or operations to identify improvements for program workflow practices or procedures.
13. Use computer system or applications to access, create, edit, print, send, retrieve, or manipulate data, files, or other information.
14. Implement, monitor, or maintain internal control systems to ensure protection against fraud, waste, and mismanagement.
15. Determine compliance with accounting and auditing requirements.
16. Prepare recurring, ad hoc, and special financial reports on the status of funds, expenses, and obligations.
17. Examine documents, records, accounting reports, and processes to ensure conformity to accounting principles and regulations.
18. Directly support an agency's primary point-of-contact for management controls.
19. Investigate or study a variety of unusual conditions, problems, weaknesses or circumstances.
20. Conduct training for financial personnel.
21. Collaborate with others or works on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
22. Brief management on the status of financial programs.
23. Explain or provide guidance on laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to management, personnel, or clients.
24. Recommend accounting system improvements to management.
25. Provide technical advice and assistance to leadership on internal matters involving statutory provisions or regulatory requirements.
26. Advise on internal matters or actions required as a result of changes in laws, regulations, mission, programs, and/or organizational structure.
27. Create written briefings, presentations, summaries, etc., which includes complex technical information for key officials and stakeholders.
28. Prepare correspondence to advocate, defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations to higher management.
29. Prepare presentations, reports and executive summaries for senior and executive staff on accounting data and functions.
30. Respond to questions regarding complex technical information.
31. Write policy and/or procedural guidance to guidance to accounting staff.
32. Review reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity.
33. Have you received any awards in the last past two years? If you answer yes, you must provide the title, year and month received on your resume/application. DO NOT send individual certificates.A. Yes
34. Have you had any training related to this position within the past two years? If you answer yes, you must provide the title, year and month of training received in your resume/application. DO NOT send individual certificates.A. Yes