1. Please choose the best answer that demonstrates your background related to this position.A. I have a 4-year degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position (You must submit a copy of your transcript when applying).
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirement for this position at the GS-13 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service: 1) providing recommendations on policy proposals affecting a human services program; 2) planning and evaluating research analysis studies of child and family development, family strengthening, and/or economic independence programs; and 3) providing guidance and expertise on data analysis and social science research methodologies.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Assess policy proposals that effect human services programs.
4. Evaluate the feasibility and desirability of alternative federal policies based on their impact and effectiveness.
5. Utilize new policies, program developments, priorities and objective to ensure appropriate development of research activities and policies.
6. Apply social science theory and statistical, research, and evaluation methodology in developing project criteria and guidelines.
7. Oversee evaluations and other research of the effects of human services programs (e.g., child welfare, home visiting, Head Start, reforms of cash assistance).
8. Develop performance measures for human services programs and policies.
9. Develop surveys, sampling plan development, and evaluation techniques to evaluate a human services program.
10. Perform analysis of current programs, proposed program modifications, and policy changes to studies of national level programs.
11. Identify information gaps and priority needs in a human services program.
12. Develop research and evaluation studies for human services programs.
13. Evaluate issues related to child and family development, family strengthening, and/or economic independence programs.
14. Establish collaborative activities with human services program staff and outside parties.
15. Persuade individuals and groups to accept change management methods, practices, and programs.
16. Advise senior officials of policy proposals and further evaluation needs based on research studies.