Financial Management Specialist, GS-501-9
Vacancy ID: 840346 Announcement Number: MG-2013-T0075-TNT-840346DEU USAJOBS Control Number: 337493200Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status or reinstatement eligibility or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
B. I am a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. If you are a current career or career-conditional employee without time-in-grade you will not be considered under this authority. You must provide official documentation documenting your military service such as a DD-214 or statement of service.
C. I am a current or former displaced Federal employee in the local commuting area. To be considered you must be rated at or above the well qualified rating criteria for this position. You must submit supporting documentation such as a copy of your separation personnel action (SF-50) and a copy of your reduction in force letter.
D. None of the above. I am not eligible under Merit Promotion Procedures.
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply non-competitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
B. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for persons with disabilities such as Schedule A. You must provide a copy of your certification from state Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
C. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. You must provide a copy of your DD-214 and VA letter
D. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for returning Peace Corps volunteers. You are encouraged to provide your Peace Corps documentation.
E. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for military spouses. My active duty military spouse: (1) received a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; (2) has a 100% disability rating; or (3) died while on active duty. You must provide a copy of the appropriate PCS orders, documentation of your spouse's disability, or documentation of your spouse's death and your marital status at time of death, as appropriate.
F. I am eligible for a Veterans Recruitment Appointment based on the fact that I am (1) a disabled veteran; (2) a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; (3) a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or (4) a recently separated veteran (for position GS-11 and below). You are encouraged to provide documentation documenting your service, such as a DD-214 or statement of service. If you are eligible as a disabled vet, you must provide a copy of your DD 214 and VA letter
G. None of the above. I am not eligible to be appointed non-competitively.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. Please select the response that best reflects your qualifications for the Financial Management Specialist, GS-501-07 position?A. One full year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is described as experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access for data manipulation and merging of different data sets; conducting analytics on financial data and assisting in drawing conclusions on results and providing recommendations.
B. Successfully completed one full year of graduate level education, that has provided you with the knowledge, skills and ability of this position.
C. Successfully completed a Bachelor's Degree with Superior Academic Achievement through class standing (upper third of the graduating class); grade point average (a GPA of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on 4 years of education or courses completed during the final two years; or a GPA of 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on required courses in the major field; or election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
D. A combination of the education and experience described above. For example, One semester of progressively higher graduate level education and six months of specialized experience.
E. I do not have the experience or education listed above.
4. Please select the response that best reflects your qualifications for the Financial Management Specialist, GS-501-09 position?A. One full year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is described as experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access for data manipulation and merging of different data sets, vlookup and conditional formatting; conducting analytics on financial data and draws conclusions and providing recommendations.
B. A master's or equivalent degree or two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LLB or JD, if related.
C. A combination of the education and experience described above.
D. I do not have the experience or education list above.
5. Choose the following you have experience with:A. I have used a variety of software applications and programs associated with financial management on a continuing basis to prepare financial reports and to analyze financial status, trends or expenditures.
B. I have reviewed and analyzed the efficiency and effectiveness of financial system input and output, including routine and special reports and data files, in order to make recommendations on improving processing efficiency and use effectiveness.
C. I have compiled specialized numerical, narrative, and/or statistical data from various sources and documents and prepared reports following general guidelines.
D. I have prepared summaries of narrative, quantitative, and statistical data in budget forms, schedules and reports.
E. None of the above
6. Select the choice that describes your experience and/or training in creating, maintaining, manipulating databases in Microsoft Access as well as Microsoft Excel.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C. I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was closely monitored by either a supervisor or by a senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D. I have performed this task as a regular part of a job, independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E. This task has been a central or major part of my work. I have routinely performed it myself and have trained others in performing this task, led or overseen the performance of this task by lower level employees, and/or others have consulted me as an expert for assistance in performing this task.
7. Choose the following you have experience with:A. I have compiled and analyzed program and financial data to determine trends, identify and resolve problems and presented final reports to management.
B. I have reviewed fiscal operations and suggested changes to improve those operations.
C. I have analyzed and processed budget and program data to ensure accuracy and compliance to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
D. None of the above
Please give the dates/resume reference when you gained this experience/education so it may be found to ensure you receive proper credit.
8. Have you orally explained technical or professional issues to senior staff through presentations and/or conference calls?A. Yes
9. Have you participated in financial management type reviews working with other staff members, state agencies and other entities to provide direction, guidance or instruction to achieve established goals?A. Yes
10. Select the choice that describes your experience in oral communication.A. I have prepared and provided portions of financial reports and statements to advise managers on program operations.
B. I have drafted briefings or papers to present financial management ideas and concepts in a clear, precise manner.
C. I have explained the organization's programs, services, policies, or procedures through written format.
D. None of the above