Please review the descriptions of the specialty codes listed below in order to determine how you would like to be considered for this position. You may make more than one selection as applicable. You will only be considered under the options selected, so please choose carefully.
001 ALL U.S. CITIZENS: You may apply under open competitive procedures if you are a United States citizen or national.
002 - NON-COMPETITIVE: You may apply under non-competitive procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status who hold a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for; or former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility who held a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for. You must provide a copy of the SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing the same or higher promotion potential as that of the position applying for (i.e. initial hire action, promotion action or reassignment action.) Do not submit SF-50s for awards, within grade increases or pay adjustments.
2. Veterans eligible for a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) . You must submit a copy of your DD-214. NOTE: VRA only applies to positions at the GS-11 level and below.
3. 30% or more disabled veterans . You must submit your DD-214 and a completed SF-15.
4. Military spouses whose active duty military spouse: 1) receives a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; 2) has a 100% disability rating; or 3) died while on active duty. For further information and eligibility criteria, please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx#msaa.
5. Persons with disabilities eligible for a Schedule A appointment. You must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness.
6. Former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers. You must provide documentation as proof of non-competitive eligibility.
7. Employees in the excepted service under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement or similar hiring authority (i.e. certain Postal Service employees, GAO employees, etc.)
Select at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Your response(s) to the question(s) below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Science Advisor (Aquaculture) position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level? Specialized experience is fulfilled by the following: (1) Knowledge of theories, research concepts, principles and practices of aquaculture and fisheries sufficient to review and critically evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the international programs, (2) Knowledge of international research programs specifically related to developing countries, (3) Ability to analyze and apply new developments, methodologies, and research findings to aquaculture and fisheries research and exchange programs in developing countries, and (4) Skill in the preparation of scientific documents for use by a variety of audiences.
3. Have you completed all requirements for an advanced degree (beyond the baccalaureate) in a directly related field from an accredited institution? Directly related fields of study include Agricultural & Food Sciences, Nutrition, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, or Chemistry. If you answer yes, please submit a copy of your transcripts.
4. Do you have experience implementing and evaluating current aquaculture, fisheries and related research and development programs OR experience reviewing and evaluating aquaculture/fisheries research and development proposals from academic and scientific organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private voluntary organizations (PVOs) and other organizations OR experience serving in a technical advisory capacity to collaborate with agricultural or natural resource management leadership and institutions/scientists of the US and developing countries?
If you answered yes to the question above, please indicate in the space below where this experience may be found in your resume (i.e. employment dates, employer, and position title).
5. Do you have one or more of the following: (1) a GPA of 2.7 or higher for a high school diploma or a degree from an accredited junior college, college, university or other baccalaureate institution; or (2) a GPA of 3.0 or higher in your major field of study for a degree from an accredited junior college, college, university or other baccalaureate institution; or (3) a GPA of 2.7 or higher for at least 24 semester hours of directly related course work (i.e. Agricultural & Food Sciences, Nutrition, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, or Chemistry) above the high school level? If you answer yes, please submit a copy of your transcripts.
6. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.