Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 840724
International Broadcaster (Afan Oromo)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
The following question will address your minimum qualifications for the position. Read the question carefully and choose one answer, Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Do you posses one year of specialized experience which is directly related to this line of work AND the ability to speak, read and write the English and Afan Oromo languages that enables you to write, report, interview and announce broadcasts in these languages.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of such experience includes, writing, editing, interviewing, reporting and broadcasting stories for radio and television and preparing material for websites.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Knowledge of video/radio/Internet broadcasting principles and methods.
3. Journalistic knowledge and ability sufficient to write and produce integrated, highly-targeted, well-balanced scripts, radio or television programs that capture the attention of the audience.
4. Skill in radio reporting or videography that enables the incumbent to shoot, using motivated camera movements with a digital video camera.
5. Knowledge of the target area, its history, economic, culture and socio-political development.
6. Knowledge of the full range of advanced radio and television broadcasting skills to select material, tone and style that will be most appealing to this audience.