Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Human Resources Specialist (Performance and Awards) GS-201-11 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 in the Federal Service that included skill in applying, a wide range of HR concepts, laws, policies, practices, analytical, and diagnostic methods and techniques sufficient to solve a wide range of complex, interrelated HR problems and issues.
2. Are you a current permanent HHS federal employee with status serving on a career/career-conditional appointment in the competitive service?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Conduct the intake activities related to the Agency-wide performance management reporting processes. Develops reports to record and track intra-agency submission of performance management reports.
4. Track Agency-wide adherence to key PMAP milestones/deadlines related to the timely establishment of plan, progress review and close-out.
5. Generate employee data reports that identify new hires, reassignments and transfers.
6. Retrieve and compile data using various software programs, word processing programs, database systems and tracking systems, such as spreadsheets.
7. Serve as budget monitor for the Performance and Awards Program.
8. Record, report and keep track of budgetary transactions.
9. Monitor expenditures to ensure that the Performance and Awards Program remains within its budgetary limits.
10. Support the dissemination of program information, via email, website and other information channels.
11. Maintain liaison relationships with Agency-wide points of contacts in order to track and exchange performance and awards data and information.
12. Formulate basic statements of work (SOW) and modify SOWs as requested by management.
13. Support the program activities of the Performance and Awards Program and assists the team with providing timely responses to general inquiries.
14. Brief team on new, revised or emerging business and administrative practices.
15. Provide basic consultation on performance and awards related issues to customers, peers and supervisors.
16. Work with points of contact within OHR and agency-wide to resolve discrepancies related to non-SES performance awards personnel actions.
17. Assist the team with handling administrative functions and developing internal program improvements.
18. Maintain and organizes program administration files for the Performance and Awards Program.
19. Apply standard fundamental concepts, laws and policies related to human capital management with specific emphasis on employee performance, organizational performance, performance appraisal processes and employee recognition.
20. Assists with ensuring program activities align with organizational goals.