Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates that you meet the basic education requirements for the GS-403-11 Research Microbiologist position.A. I have a four year degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates that you meet the specialized experience requirements for the GS-403-11 Research Microbiologist position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 in the Federal service that included assisting senior level microbiologist in scientific studies by providing analysis or recommending approaches to identification and characterization of foodborne bacterial pathogens in foods and environmental surfaces; and reporting scientific findings to the principle investigator and/or senior management;
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall score may be lowered or you may be considered ineligible.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
3. Assist in the planning and execution of a research program to investigate and improve the detection, identification, and differentiation of Gram-negative pathogens (Salmonella, Brucella, and/or E. coli O157:H7) in foods by the standard cultural methodologies and using molecular genetic methods.
4. Perform rapid microbiological and molecular procedures on pure cultures and food commodities for the presence and identification of various foodborne pathogens.
5. Serve as an information resource on the detection, identification, and differentiation of Gram-negative pathogens in foods and on environmental surfaces.
6. Evaluate cultural and molecular methods for the detection, isolation,and differentiation of Gram-negative pathogens (Salmonella, Brucella, and/or E. coli O157:H7) associated with foods.
7. Modify cultural and molecular methods for the detection, isolation, and differentiation of Gram-negative pathogens from foods.
8. Validate cultural and molecular methods used in the detection and characterization of Gram-negative pathogens from foods.
9. Perform molecular methods in parallel with classical cultural methodologies that result in a cultural isolate and the characterization of such isolates.
10. Make scientific presentations at meetings.
11. Collaborate and interact with other scientists including regional FDA laboratories, academia, and other government agencies.
12. Provide consultation to others on scientific studies and/or analyses.
13. Prepare written summaries based on analyses of data collected by both the incumbent and other resources.
14. Prepare journal publications, and/or written reports and briefings on scientific investigations, studies, and projects.
15. Prepare analyses and reports ensuring that technical rules and procedures are followed appropriately.