Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
This assessment section includes questions to determine if you are in the area of consideration for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you. Failure to respond to these questions may result in an ineligible rating.A- Yes
1. CURRENT EMPLOYEE: Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)? (A copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed is required at the time of application.)
2. TRANSFER: Are you currently a permanent federal employee employed at an agency other than VA? (A copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed is required at the time of application)
3. If you are a current Federal employee, please choose the statement that best describes your federal employment background compared to the target grade level of the position.A. PROMOTION: I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade of the vacancy, on a permanent basis.
4. REINSTATEMENT: Are you a former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility? To be eligible for reinstatement, (1) you must have served in a career appointment, or (2) You must have served on a career-conditional appointment which ended during the past three years. Note: the three-year limit does not apply to applicants with Veterans preference. This three-year limit is extended for those who have had other federal service since the career-conditional appointment ended, by the length of that other employment. A copy of the most recent, or last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, issued during that federal employment is required at the time of application. Please make sure that the document has Items 24 and 34 completed.A. Yes
5. If you are a former Federal employee who answered yes to question 4, please choose the statement that best describes the highest grade you held in these appointments.A. REINSTATEMENT - COMPETITIVE: I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
6. 30% DISABLED VETERAN: Are you eligible for appointment as a 30% or more compensable disabled Veteran? To be eligible, you must have retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more, OR have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. (Please include in your Application for 10-Point Preference, SF-15, and the documents required by the SF-15.)A. Yes
7. VETERAN'S RECRUITMENT ACT: Are you eligible for a Veterans Recruitment Act (VRA) appointment? To be eligible, you must have been separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). Also, you must be: (1) a disabled Veteran; or (2) a Veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized (you must have received the campaign badge or medal); or (3) A Veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which you received an Armed Forces Service Medal; or (4) a recently separated Veteran (separated within the past three years). VRA eligibles may be appointed to any position for which qualified up to GS-11 or equivalent; the promotion potential of the position is not a factor. (Please include in your application copies of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214, or other proof of your service.)A. Yes
8. VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Are you eligible for a Veterans Employment Opportunity Act appointment? To be eligible, you are a Preference Veteran Preference, or you are Veteran separated after substantially completing at least 3 years of continuous active duty service performed under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). (Please include in your application copies of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214, or other proof of your service.)A. Yes
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of a Program Support Assistant, GS-0303-06A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal Service, or comparable pay band in other pay systems; but may also have been obtained in the private sector, and demonstrated experience providing customer service in a medical clinic or laboratory, performing routine and/or preventative maintenance on medical supportive devices, i.e. hearing aids, or small medical appliances; battery replacement or visual inspections; application of basic supply management and inventory systems, and skill in operating various office machines to maintain data and program information in automated computer files.
2. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of a Program Support Assistant, GS-0303-07A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the Federal Service, or comparable pay band in other pay systems; but may also have been obtained in the private sector. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by providing customer service in a medical clinic or laboratory providing direct assistance to specialists responsible for the repair, inspection, and replacement of small medical devices, i.e. hearing aids. The work demonstrates the knowledge and skill to recognize malfunctions by either visual or electronic testing; repair or replace devices; determine and prepare accurate repair orders; and perform quality control on repaired items; application of supply management and inventory systems, and skill in operating various office machines to maintain data and program information in automated computer files.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Examine and identify hearing aid malfunctions to determine appropriate repair or service order.
4. Inspect malfunctioning items equipment following manufacturers' specifications and using test and analysis instruments
5. Examine items to determine serviceability, condition, and disposition, in accordance with regulations.
6. Write a brief technical description of hearing aid malfunctions and service required.
7. Determine the correct type of battery, tubing, or accessories required for a variety of hearings aids to ensure correct ordering and registration.
8. Diagnose hearing aid operation and response factors using external components such as remote controls, FM devices and audio input shoes.
9. Using hearing aid diagnostic measurement equipment and software, i.e. NOAH, capture and reset device programs
10. Performs quality control on repaired hearing aids using electro acoustic sound measurement equipment, visual inspections, and listening/operational checks.
11. Identify different battery types and sizes used on a variety of hearing aids in terms of size, voltage, life expectancy, and packaging to meet customer needs.
12. Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
13. Provide information about products and services available for the repair of medical assistive devices, i.e., hearing aids.
14. Receive orders from customers and enter the information into the order entry system.
15. Collaborate with various components within an organization to provide services requested.
16. Prepare accurate repair order descriptions for submission to commercial vendors.
17. Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
18. Interpret repair contract conditions, types of warranties and various supplemental charges and contract term limitations.
19. Maintain automated records of maintenance, repair, updates of service requests.
20. Determine the appropriate course of action in the selection and placement of service/delivery orders.
21. Initiate, maintain and dispose of computer records for patients and facilities.
22. Track postal and DHL shipments to various locations.
23. Operate personal computers, printers, copiers and other equipment associated with office operations.
24. Add new material to file records or create new records as necessary.
25. Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
26. Interview callers to determine eligibility and entitlements for program services.
27. Clarify, advise, and exchange information with a variety of customers and service vendors.
28. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes. I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.