1. Please indicate how you meet the basic requirement for this position.A. I have a degree in architecture; or related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours of course work in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following; structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.
PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
2. Carefully read the descriptions below and select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Architect, GS-0808-12 position.
Choose the answer for each task statement that best describes your knowledge of methodologies, tools and practices used in conducting architectural studies and investigations. Please select only one letter.
3. Applies architectural services and provides technical advice in the administration of public assistance programs to affected communities and states.
4. Analyzes architectural criteria and issues related to damages of public infrastructure and develops solutions and recommendations to methods of repair or replacement.
Choose the answer for each task statement that best describes your knowledge of principles, concepts, and practice of architecture and its applications as they apply to assessment techniques to determine accurate projection of costs to repair or replace damaged public infrastructure. Please select only one letter.
5. Applies architectural cost estimating techniques in the repair or replacement of damaged public infrastructure.
6. Applies extensive knowledge in architectural design and application in reviewing proposed construction of and/or repair to disaster damaged facilities.
Choose the answer for each task statement that best describes your knowledge of laws, policies, rules, regulations and other directives governing the public assistance infrastructure grant program in the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Please select only one letter.
7. Provides technical architectural review, analysis and recommendations for post disaster public assistance grant program activities.
8. Develops complex cost estimates, scopes of work, technical design calculations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Choose the answer for each task statement that best describes your ability to perform contractor oversight functions including the ability to plan, manage, or administer technical projects or program oversight. Please select only one letter.
9. Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations to technical architectural reports or cost estimates from subordinate staff or contract support staff.
10. Evaluates design objectives, performs technical calculations, identifies the most efficient procedures from subordinate or contract support staff, and provides professional advice and recommendations to management officials.
Choose the answer for each task statement that best describes your ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to technical, complex and/or controversial issues. Please select only one letter.
11. Develops and makes oral presentations to highly controversial architectural issues related to damaged infrastructure to a wide variety of audiences.
12. Provides research, review and analysis to programmatic appeals, drafts written recommendations in electronic format to senior management for review.