Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience providing advice on the planning, development and evaluation of public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Formulate public health program goals and priorities for an organization.
3. Coordinate administrative and program activities of a team to ensure successful program execution.
4. Manage the overall program budget, and approve funding expenditures.
5. Prepare awards to cooperative agreements, contracts, and/or memorandum of agreement.
6. Establish effective relationships with internal and external partners.
7. Prepare study reports on public health including the approach, findings, and provide recommendations.
8. Perform analysis of collected data for an organization.
9. Interprets complex public health policy guidance.
10. Analyze public health issues and their impact on program operations.
11. Lead evaluation of public health program and policies that have department-wide impact.
12. Communicate and integrate the organization's strategic plan, vision and mission into the team.
13. Assign work to team members and provide deadlines and time frames for completion.
14. Coach a team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques.
15. Provide advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and provide guidance on identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
16. Manage the workload among subordinate staff members.
17. Manage training of team members necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
18. Lead discussion with subordinate staff on program priorities and performance.
19. Present findings, deliver briefings and justify recommendations on public health issues.
20. Lead discussion with stakeholders on public health issues.
21. Establish effective working relations with stakeholders through ongoing dialogue to further the impact of program activities.
22. Prepare and publish reports on public health issues.
23. Provide written response to inquiries on public health issues.
24. Develop written office policies to ensure successful program execution.
25. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.