Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWERS YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS.
1. Select the single statement below that best represents your highest level of experience or education for the position of GS-0501-11 Financial Management Specialist.A. I possess at least one year of experience in the federal government, other state, local or non-profit organization, or private sector that is the equivalent to the GS-9 grade in the federal government, that gives me the knowledge and experience to: formulate, execute or monitor a budget; determine if a proposed commitment or obligation is appropriate; and, use an automated financial system to create, adjust, or monitor financial events.
INSTRUCTION: FOR EACH TASK IN THE FOLLOWING GROUP, CHOOSE THE STATEMENT FROM THE LIST BELOW THAT BEST DESCRIBES YOUR EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER FOR EACH ITEM.
FOR EACH TASK IN THE FOLLOWING GROUP, CHOOSE THE STATEMENT FROM THE LIST BELOW THAT BEST DESCRIBES YOUR EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER FOR EACH ITEM. BE SURE TO DESCRIBE THE EXPERIENCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE TASK STATEMENTS BELOW IN YOUR RESUME. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE SUBMITTED, INCLUDING A RESUME OR APPLICATION FORM, CLEARLY SHOWS HOW YOU POSSESS THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS LEVELS YOU CLAIM IN THIS QUESTIONNAIRE. EACH OF YOUR RESPONSES MUST BE CLEARLY SUPPORTED BY YOUR EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR SPECIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE YOU DESCRIBE IN YOUR RESUME SUBMITTED FOR THIS POSITION. IF NOT, YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED OR YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL BE VERIFIED. ANY EXAGGERATION OF YOUR EXPERIENCE, FALSE STATEMENTS, OR ATTEMPTS TO CONCEAL INFORMATION MAY BE GROUNDS FOR RATING YOU INELIGIBLE, NOT HIRING YOU, OR FIRING YOU AFTER YOU BEGIN WORK.
2. Experience researching and implementing Federal policies and regulations in the areas of budget, accounts management and financial reporting.
3. Recommend changes to local financial management policies and procedures.
4. Prepares special management reports on the oversight of funds within the organization.
5. Recommends to management improvements to financial controls or solutions to problems detected through analysis of accounting system activity.
6. Independently research and implement Federal policies and regulations in the areas of budgeting, account management, travel, acquisition and financial reporting.
7. Recommend changes to local budget and financial management guidance.
8. Experience using approved methods and techniques associated with Federal financial management practices.
9. Experience working with legal principles and approved methods and techniques associated with Federal financial management practices sufficient to correctly apply governing requirements to financial program assignments.
10. Experience researching requirements and using various accounting and financial auditing practices COMBINED with experience maintaining, monitoring and reporting current account balances and forecasting anticipated/and or actual financial strengths and/or shortfalls.
11. Review account records and financial management reports, and develop findings reflecting the financial operations of an activity/organization.
12. Independently set objectives, goals and deadlines in the completion of assignments.
13. Given specific directions for most assignments by supervisor. Worked closely with supervisor throughout assignments getting additional direction when needed
14. Independently research information from a variety of sources combined with experience incorporating the organization's mission, functions and operations to evaluate findings, resolve problems, answer questions and justify responses.
15. Provide technical assistance and policy clarifications on financial management requirements for an organization?
16. Communicate organizational financial strategies, goals, objectives and priorities in oral presentations.
17. Explain or justify decisions, conclusions, findings or recommendations.
18. Use of various automated database management systems and software applications to input, query, analyze reports and maintain financial management data.
19. Experience analyzing, training other users on, and using automated database management systems and software.