Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
2. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
Licensure requirement may be waived by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs for a period not to exceed two (2) years from the date of employment on the condition that the psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
3. Are you a non-licensed psychologist and meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
4. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association?A. Yes
5. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?A. Yes
New Veterans Health Administration (VHA) psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full on-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirements.
6. Have you successfully completed a VHA internship program meeting the requirements above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, you must also have experience that was obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program that demonstrates 1) active professional practice that was paid/non-paid employment and/or 2) a full, current and unrestricted license. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current psychology practice and must also have been at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties performed.
7. Do you have post-doctoral experience demonstrating possession comparable to professional psychology practice skills as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
8. Do you have experience that was obtained through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program as described above?A. Yes
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
9. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REMINDER- you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
1. Are you are a current permanent VA employee?A. Yes
2. Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for Veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the Veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim Veterans' preference, Veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
3. Your rating is subject to verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in you being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.