PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Program Specialist GS-301-13, position.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
DEFAULT SCALE: Please select the response that best reflects your experience performing the specified tasks.
2. Managed a variety of projects to support technical, strategic, outreach, and policy elements to help motivate mitigation actions in communities.
3. Provides technical assistance on continuity planning principles to staff responsible for assisting with development of continuity plans and procedures.
4. Performs projects and studies that require analysis of interrelated issues, such as effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity, of substantive, mission oriented projects.
5. Coordinates operational and other continuity planning activities between offices assigned continuity or devolution plan responsibilities related to Disaster Assistance Functions.
6. Plans, executes, and reports on original or ongoing analyses, evaluations, and/or investigations with varied complex features that require a fresh approach to resolve new problems, such as evaluating changes that could result from proposed legislative or regulatory guidelines, or from variations in demand for program services.
7. Analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of mitigation projects and activities including organizational standards, procedures, tools, templates, manuals, or policies and develops and implements program improvements.
8. Develops new plans, schedules, or methods to accommodate changing program requirements.
9. Independently identify complex program issues or problems in programs of small scope.
10. Identify objectives based on an analysis of interrelated issues, such as effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of substantive, mission-oriented programs.
11. Prepares task orders, independent government cost estimates (IGCEs), technical requirements and technical evaluation criteria.
12. Monitors and tracks contract risks and issues and updates senior management and the Contracting Officer as necessary on the status of risks and issues.
13. Conducts business process re-engineering, process mapping, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) development as needed.
14. Ensures project delivery is on time, on budget and in accordance with business needs.
15. Comprehensive knowledge of the statues, regulations, and policies applicable to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
16. Ability to conduct special projects in support of claims operations.
17. Experience providing analysis reports indicating problems the discrepancies and weaknesses found during operation reviews and making recommendations for required corrective action that will improve performance.
18. Develop, update, and maintain pertinent manuals, handbooks, or guidance and develops supplements or annexes.
19. Provide input and assistance to regional or headquarters offices regarding the implementation of manuals, handbooks, and guidance, and on operations of specific programs.
20. Determines approach to achieve objectives, and acquiring necessary input by initiating meetings and other forums.
21. Serves on panels, committees, and working groups responsible for developing plans and/or conducting advanced analysis.
22. Maintains contact with other organizations, government agencies, business managers, managers, and contractors to exchange ideas and remain current on developments in area or field of responsibility.