1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Your response to the question below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Supervisory Agricultural Economist position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Choose one answer that best describes your education, experience, or combination of education and experience for the GS-15 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Plan and manage the research and analysis of economic issues related to U.S. agricultural, agri-environmental, rural development or food sectors.
4. Identify new policy developments and emerging structural changes or issues in the food, agriculture, and rural sector that require attention.
5. Analyze the consequences of public policies related to domestic agriculture, environmental, rural development, or food-related issues.
6. Review and evaluate research work and provide technical guidance to a complex economic program of research and analysis.
7. Evaluate the affects of economic and environmental policies, programs, and issues on the use, conservation, development, management, and control of natural resources.
8. Conduct research studies on economic issues affecting farm business structure and rural development.
9. Evaluate the relationship among research investment, technology, and productivity.
10. Coordinate research activities with a variety of technical personnel.
11. Collaborate with contacts from public and private institutions.
12. Assist in initiating and planning cooperative research agreements with universities.
13. Evaluate and interpret technical, economic, and statistical outputs from applied research and analysis.
14. Write and edit technical materials for publication in peer-reviewed journals or equivalent publications.
15. Prepare finished manuscripts and presentations on domestic food and agricultural policy and modeling issues.
16. Make formal presentations or briefings on complex economic concepts to research personnel at professional forums.
17. Attend high level meetings to disseminate sensitive economic research results to a variety of audiences.
18. Direct the work of professional and support personnel, including prioritizing individual activities and adjusting to changes in project resources.
19. Manage annual individual work plans for professional staff.
20. Lead and accomplish work through others, including conflict management, cultural awareness, team building, and integrity/honesty.
21. Plan, coordinate, and direct staff recruiting, development, and training activities.
22. Formulate, justify, and execute the budget for a major operating program.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
23. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.