Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 827401
STUDENT TRAINEE (PARK RANGER)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the occupational specialty code. The specialty code for this position is 001. Please note that you must select the specialty code before proceeding to the next question.
Code is defined below:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
Thank you for your interest in a Student Trainee (Park Ranger) position with Department of the Army.
Select the letter that BEST describes your experience and/or education. (NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION BUT SELECTEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS BEFORE ENTRANCE ON DUTY.)
1. Internship Program - I am a current student in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate on a full or half time basis. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your class schedule for current/future semester/quarter, letter of enrollment, pre-registration schedule/transcript(s), or receipt for tuition.)
Select the answer the applies to you.
2. Are you a U.S. Citizen or National?A. I am a U.S. Citizen or National.
3. Do you have a current/valid state driver's license?A. Yes
For each of the following questions select the one response from the choices given that best describes your experience and/or training. Do not answer positively to a question unless you are able to provide specific examples or documentation as proof that you have had this type of education or experience at the level you are claiming. YOUR RESUME MUST CONTAIN EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR RESPONSES.
4. What year will you obtain your degree? NOTE: If going on for another degree with no break (example currently pursuing an AA degree but going directly on for a BS degree) please list the date of the final degree, not the current degree.A. Spring 2013
5. Can you work two (2) summers of full-time employment prior to graduation in order to meet the 640 work hour experience requirement for the Pathways Student program?A. Yes
6. Please select the letter that corresponds to the highest level of education you will have completed by the closing date of this announcement.A. High School Diploma
7. Do you have any work experience in the area of natural resources? Include any internships, volunteer work, etc. Experience must be documented in your resume.A. Two or more years of relatable work experience.
8. What is your current cumulative Grade Point Average (on a 4 point scale)? You must submit a copy of your unofficial transcript to verify GPA.A. 4.0 or equivalent
9. What is your major course of study?A. Park Ranger
10. How many semester hours of Natural Resources coursed have you taken or currently enrolled in?A. 9 or more semester hours
11. How many semester hours of Forestry have you taken or currently enrolled in?A. 9 or more semester hours
Your responses to the Eligibility Assessment and Occupational Questionnaire, along with your resume and all supporting documentation are subject to evaluation and verification to ensure accuracy. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Failing to select a response will result in your application packet being removed from consideration.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.