Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level providing leadership and guidance to an information technology network operations team to a large scale information technology organization/component, tracking and managing incident responses; developing and overseeing implementation of plans and policies for information technology network securities, to include emergency and disaster recovery planning, recommending changes to operational baseline; identifying, evaluating, mitigating, and minimizing risks associated with information technology systems vulnerabilities and proposed new technologies; resolving integration issues, and implementing high level changes.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Track and monitor service desk incident tickets, verify incident ticket handling, and ensure quality and timely responses and remedies.
4. Understand government information technology network COOP regulations, establish network and vendor agreements, and disaster recovery and information technology incident management procedures that comply with the regulations.
5. Closely monitor network security Service Desk incident management tickets and responses, reporting and analyzing incident ticket metrics, demonstrating commitment to continuous improvement for the customer.
6. Establish, implement, and interpret information technology network security requirements for organization compliance with higher-level policy directives and executive orders governing infrastructure protection.
7. Monitor organization compliance with network infrastructure protection requirements across information technology programs and adjusting program guidelines in response to changing technologies.
8. Implement and maintain network systems to ensure expected and required user access to mission critical systems and anticipate the needs of the business owner.
9. Identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs to resolve issues and problems in information technology network security program areas, and ensuring continuous access to mission critical systems.
10. Coordinate, plan, analyze, and develop solutions related to enterprise network security; implement network and security change requests, and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems with the existing infrastructure.
11. Oversee, analyze and develop critical enterprise incident management services and incident ticket responses that provide timely remedies and ensure continuity of access to mission critical systems.
12. Describe technical matters in verbal and written communications that facilitate executive level understanding in a large enterprise, and determine organization direction, initiatives and courses of action for Enterprise information technology programs and policies.\
13. Collaborate with and advise executive leadership through presentation of technical updates, plans, and process procedures, and utilize negotiation skills to convince them to accept technical findings and required responsive action.
14. Articulate guidance on priorities to information technology technical operations teams, ensure that the teams understand the technical and administrative procedures to follow, and how to adapt to variations.
15. Communicate with Business Owners on the status of infrastructure during emergency outages as to when operations are expected to return to normal.
16. Provide leadership and guidance on priorities to an information technology network operations team to a large scale information technology organization/component and manage information technology work assignments, motivating people to accomplish the work of the organization.
17. Consult with others and lead cross program and multi departmental implementation activities, ensuring that all vested parties are collaborating.
18. Identify problems and apply problem solving techniques to determine accuracy and relevance of information, and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and implement decisions.
19. Develop long-range plans for information technology network security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with information technology network vulnerabilities.
20. Develop and implement Emergency Change Control Boards to effectively manage information technology network COOP responses and activities.
21. Identify technical and administrative skill sets and competencies needed to maintain an effective operation and assist in developing position descriptions, determining hiring criteria and identifying qualified candidates.
22. Disseminate policies, technical advice and training regarding all aspects of network information security and the effects of cyber security and information security to executive managers, information technology staff and users across an enterprise.
23. Analyze enterprise network performance and security requirements and recommending resolutions for enterprise network performance issues, to include changes to the operational baseline.
24. Assess and accept after action reports from multiple information technology contract personnel and applying knowledge management techniques to determine causes of network outages and implement solutions.
25. Evaluate proposed new or upgraded technologies, systems, networks and software designs in support of an Enterprise Network Operation for potential security risks or likelihood to cause network outages.
26. Coordinate the review and evaluation of the organization network infrastructure protection program, including practices, policies, guidelines, tools, methods, and technologies.
27. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.